Pro Rides- awesome!

Yep. I was frankly dismayed by how much better Tosh’s watts were Vs mine and he’s 30 kg lighter. Ganna? I don’t even want to think about it.

2 Likes

Doing Ian Boswells week but decided to try Hammer Chase 1 as I got some new Shimano RC902’s they fared better than me on the ride those long pulls on the front really hurt the legs and the chances for a breather were pretty short and sweet at least I managed to get some swigs of water. Would probably need an easier week to do some of the other Pro Rides. Thinking my legs tomorrow will feel awful but am glad I did it, bit of a rush doing it too.

3 Likes

I did my first ProrRide with UAE Tour 1. That workout is much harder than I thought it was going to be. Fully shredded by the end but completed.

3 Likes

London ProRide today, first time with earbuds - great experience with more focus on the background noise. Lesson learned, just ordered new soundbar for the pain cave. Please more !

5 Likes

Totally agree, rode London yesterday and the sprinter in me was like “oh yeah!!!” :metal:t3:

4 Likes

This was my 1st Pro ride, I rode it last Monday and I loved it, lLike Team Scream but better. Everything about it was so immersive, the camera angle, the ambient noise, the chat from the directors car. I got so into it I was tempted to crank up the difficulty and turn on the suffering, but not really knowing what was coming up next I played it safe.

4 Likes

@JGreengrass I get so engrossed that I find myself reaching to shift gears when other riders make a move and have to remind myself that I am in ERG mode.

3 Likes

Ha, yes. I also find myself leaning into corners etc.
They’re great!

3 Likes

serious question and please don’t take it the wrong way, I’m trying to understand what we didn’t do right to entice you to try this before: what took you so long to dive into the ProRides?

1 Like

Primarily because my current SYSTM training plan is the 1st one in 3 years that has had Pro-Rides scheduled as part of the plan. For the few months of the year when I don’t have a training plan on the calendar I tend to do an old favourite like Revolver if the weather is not nice enough outdoors.

Secondly If I’m going to ride indoors its for training not for “fun” its not clear in the app what the training purpose of the pro-rides is.

Thirdly I had the impression that Pro-rides were flat out race simulations, I used to ride like that too many days of the week and dug myself into a hole of overtraing and fatigue, I didn’t want to do that again.

5 Likes

One thing I’ve found with the ProRides is that I can adjust the feel of the ride by changing the intensity:

• 100% - race effort
  • 90% - hard group ride
  • 80% - moderate group ride
  • 70% - easy group ride
6 Likes