Rival Issues

Ah ah, close to my experience.
I went 1 year with a Garmin watch (Suunto user since 10 years :smiley: ) and even a Edge computer (after having a Bolt v1 for 2 years)…and…well did not like. Went back to Suunto (same “simplicity” factor as Wahoo), and Roam…what a relief…and then added Rival which I really enjoy for lots of things. The “missing” features, actually I don’t mind, at all. Fitness tracking can be done outside (intervals.icu, or Suunto App which is really nice for this), you don’t get stressful hints like “unproductive”…etc.
So, I’m eagerly waiting for the new stryd to reach home and hope this will finally work - I knew I couldn’t be the only having such pairing issues with Stryd… I had the exact same scheme as you between Wahoo and Stryd passing the hot potato)

1 Like

Received my Stryd saturday, “tested it” (moved the shoe with my hand :smiley: ) yesterday and HOLLY MOLLY it’s working ! I got all the advanced metrics on elemnt app, on stryd powercenter, displayed on watch, and pace is coming from stryd…all with the double connection using BT and ANT.
I can’t believe it, this is a >2years quest that comes to an end…and might bring back the rival as my default running watch vs Suunto Race.
Thanks a lot @bertus_f !! Your my hero of the month !

1 Like

Hi @Pouto,
Glad to hear I helped you out! And I am happy with the hero-status :grinning:
And what about the metric ‘air power’? Is it syncing back to Stryd, or is it also missing in your Stryd app?

I’ll tell you that tomorrow, after a real proper run. I’ve deleted the 30s fake activity indoors from yesterday.

Hello @bertus_f ,
First proper run with Stryd this morning (“first”, as I’ve ran with one for ~1 years two years ago, with the dysfunctional connection)
https://www.stryd.com/powercenter/runs/5898644112965632

This confirms that:

• Connection works great: pace came from Stryd, W displayed, and advanced power metrics shown on ELEMNT App
  • Air power, Form Power DO NOT get written in the .fit file, hence are not synced to Powercenter
  • I had to manually import the fit to powercenter as auto-push from Wahoo to Stryd PowerCenter didn’t work. I’ve unlinked/re-linked accounts after that, will see next run.

(also confirms that, as I suspected, Power from Suunto Race is okay-ish on flat ground, but way too low going uphill…might be my technique or else, but it goes too low vs perceived effort and W from Stryd).

Hi @Pouto,

Good to hear it worked! You run very fast! A lot faster than I run. But we got the same issues :grinning: :

• Air power and form power are not being synced back to Stryd (I never looked at form power, but now you mention it, I see it too)
  • Wahoo is not automatically syncing to Stryd (anymore). It worked for me now and then, but the last few days I have to sync manually too. And when I do a simple short walk with my Rival and Stryd, and save it as a workout, then the sync strangely is working (while Stryd data is kind of useless then).
  • Air power and form power metrics are visible in Wahoo, and also being exported to the fit file. It is strange that these metrics are not imported in Stryd. Maybe there is an issue importing these metrics, holding back automatic sync. You can see the contents of the fit file on the following site (go down to record information):
    https://www.fitfileviewer.com.

What works in syncing manually, is syncing your workout to Garmin Connect online. You first have to connect Stryd and Garmin Connect accounts of course. And from there, the run is automatically synced to Stryd. Because I have a lot of older workouts in Garmin, I’d like to keep them up to date. So I have to manually upload the fit file to Garmin Connect online and after that, it’s also visible in Stryd. For me that’s no problem at all to do that every time. Maybe you have the same result.

Hi @bertus_f do you know if it’s possible, in my new Rival: to program the watch to notify me every X laps or distance? For example, with Garmin, I had the alert every 400m, and it was very convenient for me. Thanks!

Hi @Pouto, it is a difficult question but I see some possibilities. When doing a workout, you get vibrating and sound alerts on each interval. So on a simple workout (easy run/long run) without intervals, you could make a workout in Trainingpeaks or Intervals.icu with 400m intervals. Then you will have the information about the last lap every 400m. Beside that you can set the auto lap feature. I have it set to 1 km in running profiles and set to 5 km in cycling profiles. These are only whole integers so no 400m distance setting is possible.
When you go for track running (see the profile), you get an auto lap every 400m (never used it myself). Maybe you can use track running for what you want…See the manual

Another thing about your earlier post regarding syncing to Stryd. You can avoid manually syncing: I use RunGap to sync between platforms. Today I read an interesting article about auto syncing all my workouts between Wahoo and Garmin (and also to Stryd with the proper connection between Stryd and Garmin).

Never used the auto sharing feature, but it seems to work.

Another post about Rival issues. I have a holiday, so lots of time to look into Rival issues :slight_smile:
I discovered interesting information about settings in the ELEMNT app. When you export your workout, you can choose between exporting your workout to different platforms, export your workout by email and export your workout as a fit file. I never used the email option until today. When you export your workout, you see a generated mail with information about your ELEMNT settings. I think it is useful information when you contact Wahoo support. You see a lot of parameters that are inside the ELEMNT app. Most of the parameters are disabled in my case.
In these settings, I discovered a parameter called:
WFFeatureStrydPodUI
And in my case, it is disabled!
Shouldn’t it be enabled?

My mistake. I wanted to ask specifically for swimming. And I realize with the RIVAL, is not an option. :frowning:

Indeed, setting 400m lap info at swimming is not possible.