Show manually selected Kickr Climb (or Bike or Rizer) gradient on screen

So the Kickr Climb and Bike have an unlocked function that allows the SYSTM app in ERG mode to control the gradient and that gradient is shown on screen for videos that have it encoded.

What I’d like to see is, when the Kickr Climb remote is locked, and the user can use the up/down buttons on the remote to move the Climb up and down for SYSTM to show that selected increase or decrease on screen.

Currently, the only way to know precisely what gradient is selected with the remote is via the Wahoo Fitness app so we know that it’s possible to capture the data. It would be GREAT if SYSTM could also capture that data and share it on screen.

2 Likes

I love that request! It would somewhat alleviate the fact that the Climb does not respond when in Level mode. By showing the manually selected grade on screen. It’d be possible to match the ERG mode grade that’s displayed.

Rob

2 Likes

I mean, we could open the wahoo fitness app and check it there but, it would be pretty slick if we didn’t have to do that.

But if you do that while your SYSTM session is in progress, wouldn’t it cause Bluetooth device conflicts, or possibly losing the KICKR Bluetooth connection altogether?

As the Climb is connected via the KICKR, I don’t think you can run the Wahoo app while reading the KICKR’s power (or being in ERG mode). Unless you’re talking about and ANT+ connection between the KICKR and SYSTM?

So your request to see the Climb current incline in SYSTM (either while in ERG or Level mode) is a great idea.

Rob

2 Likes

Oh don’t get me wrong, I’d LOVE for them to implement the feature. As for BTLE conflicts, a FW update from quite some time ago allows the Kickr to be connected to several devices at the same time. I’ve done it using SYSTM and Zwift where I did a SYSTM workout in Erg mode and connected to Zwift with the Kickr as the power source (ie not a controllable trainer). Works perfectly.

1 Like

Oh, cool! I didn’t know that and thought that the KICKR’s Bluetooth connection had to be unique.

So, until one of the requested features (incline control in level mode, or incline display in the SYSTM app) is implemented, I’ll try to control the Clmb’s incline using the Wahoo app! Thanks for the info!

Rob

1 Like

I was actually thinking that I’d control the Climb with the remote and just open the wahoo fitness app to show what the incline is set at. But, since your post, I made a quick test of controlling it from the wahoo Fitness app.

Here’s what I tried, and it seems to work.

Open a SYSTM workout, set it to level (whatever you want but not ERG) also, unticked the gradient icon beside the Kickr. Open wahoo fitness app, start a workout and swipe to screen with Climb control, make sure remote is unlocked, change gradient using app. Seemed to work ok.

I also tried leaving the remote locked and controlling with the remote using the wahoo fitness app just to show what gradient I had set and that seemed to work too only not as precise.

Have fun @RServranckx!

2 Likes

I’ll definitely give this a try!

1 Like