Stage 2 group ride, inquire within!

@DameLisa, afraid I’ll have to pass on the full tour due to negative advise from my physiotherapist just now (knee not fully recovered yet).
Have yet to check, but I assume I can donate for the tour, do only 1 or 2 stages at reduced intensity and keep it at that?
Won’t make it though for the hammers and the donuts.

2 Likes

All good mate, keep that knee turning for next year’s tour instead! Get better soon!!! Yes you can absolutely still donate and ride a stage or two as you like at reduced intensity. And take part in all the banter! Don’t worry, I’ll have a donut for you!

2 Likes

I think like Sir Erik I’ll ride Fight Club with y’all as I’m also front loading given I’m in Mountain Time (gives me a rest day on my insanely busy Wednesday). I’m excited! I’ve never done one of these zoom group rides before :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Good plan! I’ll keep my 9Hammers music down if its me riding so it isn’t weird hearing it with Fight Club!

3 Likes

Don’t forget to donate to the Minions DPF page at the top of this thread, they’ll be sending out the Zoom ride details via an email from their donation page.

1 Like

Donation done this morning! Hope I did it right :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yup, I can see your donation!!! Yay thank you so much!!! Looking forward to having you!!!

2 Likes

How many have you got so far? Looking forward to it!

2 Likes

8 have paid in so far across both rides, plus Jason and I for both rides and possibly some Wahoo/Suf VIPs may pop in to check we’re behaving. A few others were keen but haven’t yet signed up.

Clock ticking folks, get those entries in!!! Get your buddies to sign up. You can ride Fightclub while we ride 9Hammers if you like. Or just pop in and eat popcorn while enjoying the Enterpainment!

2 Likes

And to our European to Japan contingent (and all points in between!) - we’d love to see you for stage 2 - group ride 1!

Did I mention donuts :doughnut: :doughnut: ??

At Team Social Suffering we think of Nine Hammers a bit differently - sure there are those 6 pesky hammers at VO2 and 3 at threshold but to us we see it as 8 - 8!!! opportunities to descend some of the most magnificent European mountains :mountain_snow: with Sir Mike Cotty. There just happens to be a couple hammers :hammer: :hammer: in there too! :smiling_imp:

Hope you can join us - it’s going to be fun! :+1:

4 Likes

It is all about Hammer #4 … no more … no less … the rest are window dressing … Yeah! Here We Go!

3 Likes

Testing set up via twitch. Sporting LBS Peak Cycles kit. Drop in and let me know if it works - although we’ll be on Zoom for Stage 2.

3 Likes

For those keen to watch Stage 1B live, Jason is currently caning the first threshold effort at Paris Roubaix!!! Click the link and check him out. Rocking the LBS Peak kit there!!!

1 Like

Cool fact about that Peaks kit is the last time I wore it - I got to enjoy a conversation with a recent Paris-Roubaix winner thanks to the GreenEdge winery and ranges ride. Fitting for stage 1!

3 Likes

Cool thing is if we raise $5,000, Sir David will ride 9Hammers twice. Once on his live stream and once with us!!! You know what to do!

2 Likes

OK, I have donated. Hoping to do Group Ride #2. See you all there!

1 Like

Wooop!!! I’d better get my best Commentator voice ready!

1 Like

How’re you going to feel having done 9 hammers, twice, in 12 hours?!

1 Like

I’m riding ride 1 and commentating ride 2. Jason is commentating ride 1 and riding ride 2.

However, I have my FightClub session start 9 hours after my 9H session finishes. I’d tell you how it goes but the first rule of FightClub…perhaps a photo update for the official Suf Faces thread? Feeling pretty nervous. If you’re doing our 9Hammers ride 2 you’ll no doubt be able to see how well it went on my face :joy:

4 Likes

That makes much more sense. Only 9 hours… eat ALL the food in between! I’m doing ride 2. Looking forward to some delirious commentary.

2 Likes