Storming the Castle on Friday (9 Dec)

I really like both of these workouts.

But together? Not so much. :grimacing:

2 Likes

My mistake - DEFENDER then ATTACKER, but yeah, that was a @#$% of a finish that year. Also Norway’s debut. Good times.

5 Likes

Yup, and so don’t let anyone sway you in your plans aspiring Knight @RitzMan.

Nevertheless, ending the day with Defender like both Sir Evan @emacdoug and myself is really the best thing in the world. :innocent:

So dang true Sir! Hahaha. It’s the last 2 efforts which really is the killer, in the ultimate SUF way. :relieved:

2 Likes

Hey @RitzMan, if you get a chance can you update your list so I can prepare my level of mocking and jeering appropriately?

Edit: That is if you’ve landed on a final decision.

4 Likes

Sir @CPT_A, you honor me with your gallant donation. Thank you!

Sir @Glen.Coutts, your wretched assurance on my plan to bookend my quest with rides you detest is much appreciated. Looking at your :face_vomiting: emoji reminds me that my brother promised to double his donation if I puked. Naturally, I plan to finish strong, but we’ll see …!

Sir @emacdoug, you successfully messed with my head. But it caused me to come to my own truth, in a very unexpected way.

As I sweated and ground my way through the three 5-minute blocks in Primers in this morning’s 30C (86F) heat, I asked myself the question “Is this what you want to be doing at the end of your quest?”

The answer came back in a bit of a growl from somewhere deep inside “Are you feeling weak? Do you want to do something … easier?”

Holy lava fields, Batman! I think I channeled Gunther von Agony himself! What is one going to say in such a moment except “No sir! Defender it is!”

9 Likes

Starting and finishing on my 2 favourite rides! Solid (and also got me thinking…).

You’ll kill it.

2 Likes

The battlefield is so peaceful tonight.

The recovery station too.

My fueling plan is on the aggressive side. Easy enough to scale it back if needed or to swap in whole foods.

Time for a bit of shut eye before the fun begins … zzzzz

8 Likes

Battle stations armed and ready!

Have a good errrr… rest?
Will be cheeing you on tomorrow whilst at work :slight_smile:

3 Likes

you shoulda got one of Gerry Stephenson’s SUF buckets:

6 Likes

Brilliant!

Love the setup.

Have you started yet? I’m getting anxious! Hurry up and start already! :laughing:

2 Likes

It looks like you are ready. Just jump on the bike and power through. You got this!

3 Likes

Looks like you’ve got everything sorted and ready to roll in the morning.

Good luck sleeping well. I struggled a bit the night before due to the building excitement or was it the impending sense of doom?

Either way, best of luck tomorrow, looking forward to watching the show and joining the welcoming committee at the castle gates :european_castle:

You’ve got this!

4 Likes

Not sure when you’re kicking off, @RitzMan. Hope I get a work break tonight to follow along!

GO GO GO

2 Likes

Every time I read a new post in this thread I get a pang of excitement to start planning my playlist for next year… :thinking:

2 Likes

All warmed up now! Power Station up next.

8 Likes

Yay i won’t miss it!

#embracethesuck

4 Likes

Whooop!!

You’ve got this!

:crossed_swords::muscle::crossed_swords:

4 Likes

Are you done yet?! :rofl:

6 Likes

2/10
Up next The Wretched

7 Likes

I’m heading out to get donuts. Hope I don’t miss too much.

2 Likes