Strength Training - Favorite and Worst Moves

You might want to put this in the feature request section. It is a good idea. :grin:

Chris

1 Like

Most improvement on side lunges. I can moveside to side now.

1 Like

Done. Thanks!

1 Like

Although we did release some upper body routines a few months ago, you’ll be pleased to know that we’ve just finished filming dozens of new exercises in Boulder, CO last week and Coach @Coach.Jeff.H has written out a bunch of new routines. It will take us awhile to get them produced, but watch out for them toward the end of the year. As for more training plans with STR integrated, also watch out for end of year surprises.

10 Likes

Glad to hear! Looking forward to seeing them.

1 Like

The trouble is, as I go through intermediate, from 3 onward there are moves I cannot do.
1 press-up on toes as opposed to knees is my max. On knees it gets better, so maybe eventually I will get there.
Pigeon pose is very difficult, it is out of place in the recovery session.

Back extensions, well I suppose I have a slight curvature. Arm arcs are just not possible.

Now I did get up to level 5, so I have good leg strength, and core strength has improved, balance could be slightly better. I could do with more ankle strength which would help. So at present ai am really stuck with Int 2 and 3.

2 Likes

I remember a mention of new upper body routines but don’t remember where they are in the strength training?

1 Like

The ones that are currently there are right down the bottom (assumuing you are in alphabetical order).
As David has said - more are coming (yay!)

Chris

1 Like

I’m getting better at side lunges but it’s a slow process

3 Likes

I don’t know how but I really made progress in planks. Especially side planks. Almost enjoy doing them now.
I really can’t see any progress in any lateral movements. I hate side lunges. Every single variant of them.

1 Like

Agreed - I am progressing on side planks as well (more balance and strength) but have never been completely comfortable with those lateral lunges. We called them Cossack lunges at my prior gym. I think the issue may be related to tight hips.

1 Like

:joy:

1 Like

most improvement: side planks, all variations. I couldnt’ do them at all before, now I can and i can also ride my bike no-handed, which embarrassingly, I could never do, couldn’t do it for years.

Best move: single leg squats. I can just do these and do them over and over without putting a foot down and feel tired but don’t lose steam

Worst move: This is weird but . . . quadraped with leg raise. I don’t know if it’s hip flexor mobility or what but whenever i stick my leg out, my hips either rotate forward or back. I just can’t make it stop. Doesn’t seem to happen when i do leg raise AND arm raise.

1 Like

Quadruped I find the easiest. Most difficult is high plank to pigeon pose, I get nowhere near

1 Like

quadruped is weird for me. Like it feels very easy to complete the move but i think that my pelvis moves around too much. Like maybe the hip flexors are too tight and extending the leg drags the around. I’m not really sure what to do about it.

Single leg bridge with arms up and outward leg rotation is my new nemesis.
So hard to keep balance!

1 Like