Suggestion: Alternative Rides

I’m doing a Plan at the moment. In fact I am running a second consecutive all purpose plan. Inevitably most of the planned workouts I have done before. For the Sufferfest workouts I really don’t mind as they are old friends to spar with. However, a lot of the Inspiration Rides are not that inspirational to ride a second time. (There are exceptions to that - I just rode Georgia On My Bike a second time and loved it again a second time.) Workouts like Why Do We Bike? were tedious the first time and I won’t do that again.
What I currently do is look through the Inspiration Rides for similar time and intensity workouts and switch for these in advance.
My suggestion is that the workout description could simply have a list of similar duration and intensity rides at the bottom. No need for any programming changes, just text changes.

3 Likes

@Fantom Good idea but probably tough to do from an administrative standpoint unless the app uses some AI feature to keep the list updated when videos are retired or launched.

I use your method - usually sort by duration and then try to match the IF. Note that another approach is to just turn off the video and watch something else or export to Zwift or another virtual platform.

2 Likes

Join the club :smirk:Add a "similar workouts" option

3 Likes

This has definitely been requested multiple times. If we keep bringing it up it will hopefully creep closer to the top of the list. :+1:

2 Likes

Yep. A lot of relatively simple improvements to the workout player, plans, and calendar have been repetitively requested and supported by other posters in the three years I’ve been a member. None have been implemented. Lame.

2 Likes

The workout player has been under review for that long, amazingly. The point is that Wahoo has some plans and maybe some of the most frequently will appear. I agree that something needs to be done so workouts can be swapped out in training plans.

1 Like

Been suggested but no changes made yet, I suggest start swopping out workouts based on TSS and IF ratings. This worked for me, and then led me to get started on working towards the badges…

1 Like

I stumbled about the phrase “export to Zwift”.
What did I miss out here?
Kind Regards

There is a browser extension to allow exporting so you can do workouts in Zwift: FIT Exporter for non-Wahoo Devices

1 Like

@TakoGonzales There are several steps but yes you can export workouts to Zwift:

1 Like

Thanks a lot! I will give it a try. Never thought about it! So another night of IT and computing instead of training.

2 Likes