SYSTM Content Cycling Survey

Adding it to the calendar right now…

1 Like

And just to weigh in on the NoVid options here (although they are really off topic), as rightfully mentioned there are a lot of great workouts in the NoVid library and now that we have the opportunity to push workouts to our head units and go outside with them, they are in my opinion more relevant than ever.

Enjoy spring everyone in the northern hemisphere!

6 Likes

Order, order: “GVA orders everyone who is derailing the purpose of this thread by speaking about NoVids on this thread to complete an extra set of Revolvers by the end of the week.” :smile:

Serious note: should we start a NoVid to Vid conversion thread?

5 Likes

Not necessary in my opinion.

They are different tools working towards the same goal, and I suppose there is already some level of overlap. I would rather we have back the “similar workouts” option that used to be below the workout descriptions before, and including possible NoVids in those options.

4 Likes

I reiterate for the no-Vid devotees, all and any workout is a no-Vid if you turn the video off. Very easy.

Also, the vid needs to be nothing fancy, just some decent POV riding.

2 Likes

Done the survey😊
Keep up the good work
Glory to Sufferlandria

I am no devotee, I just appreciate the fact NoVid and SUF libraries are not 1:1, and that there is a lot of good content among the NoVids. If Francois wants to bless us with vids and music to those workouts, by all means do so, I just think resources are better spent on new content.

I totally agree regarding rewatching inspiration videos.

1 Like

I’ve watched Half the Road more than once, and it was worth it every time. The rest there’s no way I could watch more than once (Mike C aside). The majority of them are difficult the first time if I’m brutally honest.

Edit - replied to the wrong msg there…

4 Likes

Thanks for the tip on FTP/MAP Builds 8x3. Did it for the first time this morning - awesome session and will definitely repeat it

2 Likes

@Francois-Wahoo. Been away for a while - hope its not too late to fill in form - but I have done anyway. Public shout out for my appreciation of Sufferfest content. I don’t get bored of them easily. So far I’ve done The Cure 22 times. No Place Like Home a modern classic. More please! I’m time crunched for training at the moment so personally I would like shorter sessions 30-45mins. I can usually squeeze in a short one regularly around work/family/chores/extra work etc. Keep up the good work and thanks for surveying the troops.

3 Likes

Done and appreciate the chance to do it, keep up the great work :+1:t2:

:rofl: Hah! Y’all know me better than THAT! Open-ended questions cause meditation… :wink:
Done… eventually.

What were the results of the survey? What type of new content can we expect over the next year?

1 Like

Just a comment: You have to see this movie on the big screen. There’s a difference.

Done. Thank you for putting this survey up for us to participate! I also second your comment earlier “if one were to disappear completely which would you be less upset about.”

For me personally that would be inspiration. I use them like a “no-vid” and put something different on my TV when I load them. (Sorry) I have watched and enjoyed a couple of them though.

3 Likes

Apologize for bringing back and old thread, but reading a post from a coach on another forum reminded me that sometimes coaches think that we have more time to train during the week then we do. I agree with @FatSprinter that we need more 30 to 45 minute hard workouts. It’s not often that I can do a 55 to 60 minute workout during the week. I would also love some more 2 hour workouts for the weekend when I have more time. I’m outside when the weather is good, but I’m using SYSTM at 5:30 AM in the winter and really “enjoy” the training.

8 Likes

@Mecons There are more of those in the NoVid section which you can now do on RGT or just bring your own video and music. I often select one of those workouts when I am time crunched.

2 Likes

The main issue with NoVid workouts (especially high intensity) is that they are just extremely painful for many of us to do without something else to look at other than a blank screen. The GCN videos (albeit not everyone’s favorites) were some of the relatively few in the 30-40min category prior to their removal. RGT now allows running SYSTM workouts, but the virtual environment can be somewhat sterile/slow-moving and isn’t to everyone’s taste.

If you’re using a laptop or computer, then it seems you can set up SYSTM to play in a compact view while playing your own preferred video content simultaneously, but this is still not an option for those of us using iPads or other mobile devices (possibly Android too, although I don’t have an Android device to check).

iPads have allowed multitasking for many years, but the SYSTM app still does not support this option (unlike TrainerRoad, as a similar example), so you’re stuck staring at a blank screen (or a small video thumbnail if you overlay another app that does support multitasking.) Adding multitasking support to the SYSTM app on iPad would make the many NoVid videos more useful, whereas currently they are basically of no use to me as I need something more involving than a blank screen to repeatedly hit higher power interval targets.

3 Likes

Thanks. I use the no vids outside mostly. For intense workouts I really like to have the music and video in sync with the efforts. This is one of the things that I really like about the SUF videos. I use RGT infrequently and haven’t done a workout on it. I have mostly done events and some easy recovery rides.

1 Like