Just signed back up for SYSTM and have some feedback off my first session back.
I am using Wahoo X version 7.18 on macOS with a Wahoo Kickr Core.
- When I start (and end) a ride, the warmup and cooldown should have a dramatically lower resistance level. Typically when I start riding, I am still tightening my BOAs for the right fit & making sure I am getting ready for the session. Even with a mellow warmup, the resistance goes berserk if I freewheel for a moment to tighten a BOA. Just makes for a crummy way to transition into the start of a ride. A thought on how to handle this - either disable ERG for warmup/cooldown, set these sections to a very low resistance level, or see if possibly ERG can have a wider parameter for enforcing resistance? (Less chance of hitting a wall due to noodling)
- When the ride is finished and I am on the ‘upload ride’ screen, ERG mode is STILL enabled. This means if I am noodling to type for my upload or am viewing my phone for messages I missed during the ride, I am unable to noodle as the ERG resistance still expects me to be putting out 150 watts but if I don’t have a consistent pedal stroke, it’ll keep jerking ERG resistance. I suggest disabling ERG mode once the ride is over, so the user can still noodle as a bonus cooldown.
- Coming back to SYSTM, I wanted to review the On Location series for fun videos to enjoy with less pressure. Tasmania caught my interest but I had no context on if there is a video order suggested to try. It would be ideal to have Playlists, like the ‘A Week With…’ but instead of enforcing a calendar queue, have a YouTube like playlist to determine the order of videos that are suggested for a topic.
- Similar to this, I would like to be able to view the available videos on the web so I can plan rides when I am away from the trainer, especially to gauge the commitment (time/TSS). (I have downloaded the Android app to explore videos, but this does not address environments like my desktop/laptop and I have no desire to install Wahoo X on these platforms to just to see available videos.)
- After completing my first Tasmania video, I would like to see a Checkbox to indicate the ride has been completed at least once, so I can know which videos to target next. I know SYSTM had an excel export and also if I manually click rides, which should history, but I shouldn’t need to click on every ride to see history.
Another thought, I wonder on the idea of having a Queue where instead of using the Calendar, the user can queue up rides to tackle and clear for those with a less rigid riding schedule.