SYSTM - First impressions and a few issues I've found

I was previously just using RGT and sending workouts from TrainerDay, so I probably wouldn’t have given SYSTM a go. Now it’s included in Wahoo X I’ve started using it. First impressions - really like it. Tried the “French Pyrenees: Les Baronnies” as my first workout - found it really engaging with the video and commentary :+1:

There’s a few minor issues I’ve found though (I’m using SYSTM on my laptop, Windows 10):

1. The Devices box is pretty small and doesn’t have scrollbar - with a few devices added the only way I could find to view a device at the bottom was to select the devices box and use the arrow down key - BUT that also decreased the workout intensity.
    (maybe I’m missing something?)

2. They could seriously do with changing the text colour in the error box!

1. The keyboard shortcut for ERG mode doesn’t work. I was trying “`” as recommended here:
    https://support.wahoofitness.com/hc/en-us/articles/4402734450322-Keyboard-shortcuts

2. The buttons in the workout player could do with tooltips when you hover over them. What do the first 2 buttons in the device box do?

3 Likes

@oggie41 The first icon relates to the Kickr Climb. If you don’t have one of those you can click that off (turns from green to white). All that will do is remove the percentage incline/decline in the upper right corner during a workout. If you have a Climb, leave that green and be sure to turn off the lock on your climb when doing a workout.

I believe the other icon is used to connect and disconnect the trainer. If you wanted to use RGT or your bike computer to control the trainer in ERG or level mode you could switch this off so that SYSTM doesn’t control the trainer. I never touch that icon so I could be wrong but clicking it on and off led me to believe that is it’s function.

Also note that there are tutorial videos in the app in the getting started channel that might be helpful to you.

Further there is additional help on the website via the link below:

SYSTM Support

Let us know if you have any other questions and good luck with your training!

2 Likes

Genius! I followed the links and found the meaning of the icons:

It’s here:
Connecting a Smart Controllable Trainer (Bluetooth) – Wahoo Fitness Support

5 Likes

Cheers. I’d taken a look at a few of the pages but didn’t find that :+1:

3 Likes

In case it helps anyone else - support have got back to me about this one:

I’ve had confirmation that this shortcut has changed from " ` " to " ’ "

1 Like

I agree that it would still be helpful to have tooltips pop up over the icons in the player, tho. If you’re already in the player you really don’t want to jump out of your workout and run a tutorial.

2 Likes

Hallo @oggie41,

The Devices box is pretty small and doesn’t have scrollbar - with a few devices added the only way I could find to view a device at the bottom was to select the devices box and use the arrow down key - BUT that also decreased the workout intensity.
(maybe I’m missing something?)

I use the mouse wheel or two fingers on the Touchpad to scroll in the “Devices box”

The keyboard shortcut for ERG mode doesn’t work. I was trying “`” as recommended here:
https://support.wahoofitness.com/hc/en-us/articles/4402734450322-Keyboard-shortcuts

Do you use a non US Keyboard? I have a German Keyboard Layout which prevents my from using ` since I need “Alt gr” to reach it and this does not work. It would be also quite inconvenient.
But If I have a workout where I want to switch erg on and off I simply select a English Keyboard Layout in Windows. How to: Change your keyboard layout - Microsoft Support
It would be great if you could customize the Shortcuts from SYSTM.

Thanks @Thomas - Wahoo support confirmed that their help page is wrong - the ERG mode shortcut has changed from " ` " to " ’ " (apostrophe).
I’ve done the Half Monty test this morning and was able to switch between level mode and ERG mode from my wireless keyboard, so all good.

I’ve started scrolling the devices box using two fingers on the touchpad (I forgot about that when I originally posted). Still think they could do with scrollbars… maybe I’m just old skool.