Taking Vacation during ToS

Am curious as well this year. Was planning to take vacation for the week, which turned into half days, which…

Current plan is to work flex time for the week, riding a stage in the AM, with work say noon - 8pm. Not sure that’s any better than work > ToS, but will definitely be…“interesting”.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I told my asshole boss he can f*** off, I’m doing the Tour and I don’t care what the f*** he thinks.

Ok, I’m actually the boss, but I’ll still work. I’ll do the stages mid morning after I’ve knocked out some work, take a nap after lunch then do more work in the afternoon.

3 Likes

I happen to have that week off, but it’s also my kids’ winter break from school.

Usually, we go on a trip that week, but ::looks around::. My master plan is to get up at my regular hour, bang out that day’s stages, then do family stuff for the rest of the day. We really want to try cross-country skiing this year, so we’ll see how my legs hold up.

1 Like

Hope it works out for all of you. :slight_smile:

I had a solid plan and… it’s toast already. Next week my work decided I have to do a seminar, which keeps me busy almost all day.

8,0 hours at work
1,5 hours on the stages
1 hour shooting some video
4 hours editing
1,5 watching the Hobart Gang
1,5 hours watching the Boulder Gang
2,0 hours accumulated eating and hygenic time

= 4,5 left.

Oh, and I forgot sleep. :slight_smile:

Yeah… Solid. Plan.

I guess for 2022 I should quit. Because: Priorities!

3 Likes

You forgot about the reading of everybody’s posts on the socials. And posting to the socials. And reading the posts that came in while you were posting. No wonder Sufferlandria has 50 hour days during the Tour!

4 Likes

Right. I didn’t forget. I called it: 8,0 hours at work.
I have to learn to multitask.

But seriously: Yes. One thing I already learned: I shouldn’t make so ambitious plans - and shouldn’t work. I want to enjoy every part of it.

3 Likes

The suffer-gods are in my favor today. :pray:

After a hard fourth stage, I was asked to stay in home office today. A request I immediately honored by staying in bed and resting my legs.

Recharging for Norway later…

3 Likes