The Sufferfest - The Movie

Did I mention that I have way too much time on my hands to think about the suffer-verse? :slight_smile:

I love the videos. The workouts are challenging, the music fits perfectly, and the humor hits always at the right time.
What I would like - at some point - is a behind the scenes look on how a video is created.

It’s time to slap a camera onto the minions and follow Sir David, Sir Neal and Co. around.

I would absolutely love the chance to get a behind the scenes look on how a piece of art is created.
Who’s with me on this?

Maybe the documentation is even a workout-video in itself? Call it “the rough-draft”? Too meta?

8 Likes

Titled: “Keeping up with the Minions” ? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You really want to see how the sausage is made? Oh dear.

9 Likes

It’s mostly Sir Neal laughing at how evil the workout is and Sir David laughing at his own jokes while watching pro cycling footage :smile:

3 Likes

Let’s not spoil the trick by seeing how the magic is created :rabbit: :tophat:. I would however love to watch a movie of the minions riding a workout that I create especially for them :hamster: :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

THAT I would DEFINITELY watch! That’ll teach them.

1 Like

There already is: Teletubbies - the movie…

1 Like

You are not wrong.

7 Likes

Is that a new workout title “The Sausage”? I cringe with anticipation. Throw their legs in the meat grinder and see what comes out the other end.

2 Likes

All joking aside - and whilst I understand Sir @David.McQuillen.KoS’s desire to retain a bit of mystique - there have been some attempts to do this previously, albeit in blog form rather than any sort of video. See the link here: https://thesufferfest.com/blogs/the-sufferfest-blog/49855363-the-making-of-angels

Angels is one of my favourite workouts, and whilst this article refers to Original Angels - the one with La Redoute, Col d’Eze and Alpe d’Huez as the climbs, rather than the updated version we’ve got now - I think it’s a really interesting and insightful glimpse into how the original workouts came into being, whilst also showing how far the SUF has come in 10 years.

6 Likes