ToS 2013 On My Calendar - Care to Join?

Only because Sir Glen Coutts said I had to do it, I am going to go back and complete the previous ToS challenges. Same routes except where a ride no longer exists, then a reasonable facsimile will be substituted, same time restrictions, etc.

I will be doing the 2013 schedule starting Saturday Nov 26 running for nine Stages.

Stage 1 - Hell Hath No Fury
Stage 2 - The Hunted
Stage 3 - Extra Shot + Fight Club
Stage 4 - A Very Dark Place
Stage 5 - Angels
Stage 6 - The Wretched + The Long Scream
Stage 7 - The Downward Spiral
Stage 8 - There is No Try + Revolver
Stage 9 - Local Hero

If you have been yearning to pick up past ToS challenges, here is a start.

13 Likes

Too soon, man. :scream:

5 Likes

For you, I think that’s right. But there are several more to come!!! :wink:

5 Likes

Oh dear. I’m gonna take a hard pass on this. But I’m keen to spectate!

This is, by the way, no joke of a goal. Please Sir, be sure to build in some serious recovery time between tours.

3 Likes

Not a problem. I may be stoopid but I’m not stupid! I Know you Sir Glen will get the distinction!

5 Likes

Now there’s a precedent you shouldn’t have set…

6 Likes

Wondering if you’re planning 1 stage a day as the Tours were designed and then running each Tour back to back?

Or if you’re being really insane and planning the 2013 Tour in 1 day :peanuts:

Either way - best of luck!

I got my own SAG bubbling away in the back of my mind to start around the same date so will pass on this one.

3 Likes

Do tell :pray:

4 Likes

Brings back memories of my Knighthood (that was my list, excepting the ineligibles and last minute sub of Violator for Local Hero). I have no desire to repeat any time soon, any which ways! But enjoy, it’s a fine route for a bonus tour :grinning:

4 Likes

That is the plan but no, not doing the tours back-to-back. I will slot them into my training as my schedule permits. If they are doing it, I will do the Rapha 500 at the end of December. Then depending on when ToS 2023 is, I may not do ToS 2014 until after that. If Rapha isn’t going to happen, I will do 2014 sometime in early Jan.

4 Likes

Awesome plan. Best of luck with it all…

3 Likes

You know, I think I may just join you on this. My knighthood was done as part of the 25-hour Red Bull Time Laps (did 100 mile ride, then knighthood, and funny, somehow the plan to do another 100 miles just didn’t quite get off the ground). I’d taken inspiration from someone else on here to do it as an annual thing, but then Red Bull didn’t happen this year, and I lost motivation, and fitness, and now I’m staring at the abyss of winter with a recent Full Monty result lower than what I had at the start of the year, and I need a good kick in the arse.

I thank you, Sir, for administering it.

4 Likes

Happy to have you come along Sir Nicktick. The schedule is in the opening post above. Begins this Saturday Nov 26th and concludes Sunday Dec 4th. Same rules apply, you can complete each stage any time in the window where the day of the stage exists on earth. I can likely scare up a guide on when these times are if you need one.

Welcome aboard.

1 Like

No need for a guide - I’ve done the ToS for the past two years, so am well aware of what hell I’m letting myself in for!

4 Likes

Spoken like a true Sufferlandrian!

3 Likes

Taking advantage of the 50 hour window I did Stage 1 - Hell Hath No Fury, this evening. Not a fan of sustained rides so the 2 twenty minute sections were not fun, but it is done. I go Hunting tomorrow.

3 Likes

I hated HHNF so much I had to include it in my Knighthood Quest back in the before times. Go get it Sir!

2 Likes

The Hunted is done. This was the only ride in my Knighthood that I would NOT do again.

Tomorrow a double header: Stage 3 - Extra Shot + Fight Club!

3 Likes

Stage 3 done but I did have to dial back Extra Shot a bit part way in. Sustained efforts are not my strength and this 20 minute sustained after Fight Club just wasn’t in the cards. Tomorrow, A Very Dark Place.

2 Likes

:sob: :sob: :sob:

It hurts (you) so much!