Want to ride like it's 2016? Announcing the dates or the Tour of Sufferlandria 2016 Revival

2013, 2014 & 2015 ToS have been conquered. It’s time to get 2016 ToS on the calendar. The revival will begin on June 17th. The schedule is as follows.

So we begin 2016 as we ended 2015 with ISLAGIATT and three stages with two rides. Stage two looks especially … uh … fun?

If you didn’t get to ride the Tour in 2016, now id the time to jump in. All are welcome.

5 Likes

Awesome to see you keeping this going Sir Stuart! Truly. ToS 2016 was for me when it all began. And I’m very VERY keen to relive the experience vicariously :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Oooo… That’s some brilliant suffering!

I especially love “A Very Darl Place”. :thinking:

And you’ll be finishing during my knighthood attempt. I won’t be doing either of those. But, maybe you can ride Defender with me when I finish as your cool down… #tuhntf

edit: although that does look like a nice warm-up for my KOS. :wink: Ha!

3 Likes

Of course I will keep this going. I’ve committed, or as my wife says, I should be committed. Either way, by this time next year I should have completed all ToS events as they were originally planned.

4 Likes

Can you produce a calendar type thing…

Are you talking about for ToS 2016 as attached or for the remainder of the series?

4 Likes

…well, there is that 50 hour window so…

evil laugh

2 Likes

Not how I interpreted it but you may be right. But putting the ‘calendar’ for each ride would require knowing where each user resides. I can certainly add the generic time range doc if that was indeed his question.

2 Likes

Please don’t pay any attention to me. What you’re doing is in the spirit of Sufferlandria. What I’m doing is just being a jerk :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Hey, we all play to our strengths! :laughing:

4 Likes

I had it on my SYSTM and Training Peaks calendars for some reason. Can’t remember if I added it or what. Old age i
I guess.

2 Likes

Yeaah!
See you at the start line Sir Stuart!

3 Likes

Damn. Foiled again. I’d love to join in on this, but I have my Mt Sufferlandria event starting on the 18th. Which is this, which unfortunately doesn’t leave much time / energy left over for the ToS as well. I’m planning to finish on the 23rd, though, so I’ll just pencil in the Tour to start on the 24th…

6 Likes

I checked that out. NO! Just NO!

1 Like

I ride with a couple randonneurs. They’re AWESOME!!

Actually, 2 of the 6 Winnipeg Knights are that very special breed of ultra-long distance cyclists. Me, if I can’t get it done in a day, I’m out.

2 Likes

I certainly don’t think of myself as awesome. More just that I keep riding when most sane cyclists stop.

The main reason I linked to that is for accountability. I’ve been considering pulling out of the event because I’m bloody scared of it. I’m hoping that doing it when the rest of you are suffering through a ToS will encourage me with a #morethanyou attitude…

3 Likes

Is there a pin where we can follow you and offer the occasional reminder of how much more comfortable we are in our homes?

I’m afraid not - the event is far too small to have anything organised like that. I’ll make an effort to post something each night, assuming I’m alive…

3 Likes

What doesn’t kill you…

Good luck Sir!

In the event you are not alive, you can post something the next day! :grin:

1 Like