Tos 2022: Stage 4: THE MODEL - What did you find in Unknown Territory?

This is why Garmin doesn’t run the Tour of Sufferlandria.

15 Likes

Yes, they tend to over react at time!

By rights, The Model should have killed me. But…looks like SYSTM got me my matches back. It was tough but I loved it! Legs need to now hang in the for AVDP tomorrow, because it is my FAVOURITE video ever!

15 Likes

To be honest I was a bit anxious about the Model, after hearing others reports of it. Needn’t have worried, it was very tough but doable.
I did my usual trick of lowering my cadence a bit when HR was getting high.
I am on focussed,so it was @ 100%
Tomorrow is the evil AVDP, with only a moderate reduction.
Yes I know I should keep positive.

4 Likes

Stage 4 in the Pocket (with 24h delay due to new employee onboarding) 4/7 nuclear yeees.

It’s a beauty workout, tried to thread it gentle from the starting line and to suffer ‚in style‘ (gentleman I am :joy::see_no_evil:).

Just asking for a friend, did some of the intervals just feel really dark yellow or am I may colour blind ? :man_shrugging:t2:

9 Likes

The morning began with Abi and an activation yoga sesh before tackling The Model. Channelled positive thoughts and really pleased with how I got through it without dialling it down. So happy to see 20 sec intervals in part 2!! Stage 4 smashed :white_check_mark: :boom:
Now for a recovery swim :swimming_woman:

7 Likes

whew that one was a tough one. Thought the second set would be easier but oh no - the accumulative effect really sets in! On the plus side - post ride cake recovery care package arrived :slight_smile: :smiley:

9 Likes

And seriously…Garmin can do one ……

7 Likes

A great workout. In a word Twisted

Quality production but the changing power demands on the micro recovery intervals was brutal.

Now to rest recover and roll on stage 5

5 Likes

Officially one of my top 5 favorites now. Love the over unders, even on fatigued legs. Not looking forward to AVDP though……

5 Likes

This is my quote of the tour.

My garmin is telling me I’ve been near zero body battery since it started :joy: nonsense!I’m fine!

4 Likes

Awesome style there! Well suffered!

2 Likes

Not sure the Garmin Connect App utilises imported workouts even if it knows about them. Stupidly I think you have to record them simultaneously on the Garmin.

2 Likes

Agreed. And Tapers - I’ve been putting the 1:2 Breathing technique to good use this tour, and trying to avoid death grip & pain face all helps you lower the PE. Although we could tell you it will be fine - but it won’t. :joy:

3 Likes

Loved it! Also loved that I made it and it didn’t kill me!

3 Likes

I agree with those that said getting through the first set is the key. Once I got through that I was able to settle in and the rest didn’t seem so bad. Oh and if you struggled to recover at the higher power levels in sets 2-4 you need to do some Chores!

1 Like

Good workout. First set is key. Doable on rollers which is important the way SUF is going. Interesting to see the world’s fastest sprinter being dropped on a climb in the TdF but no video of him winning on the Champs Elysee in green. Instead we get another JA tribute show. Which is okay in that JA is great and it’s a huge improvement over watching the podium girl groper. And then, 39 seconds from the end, he surfaces. The wahooligan fanboys just couldn’t help themselves.

1 Like

Well, that was awful and I’m dreading AVDP tomorrow so I’d say the ToS 22 is all going according to plan.

3 Likes

Finished with some difficulty. I had to pause for about 30 seconds about a third of the way through the last set. Also, I was not able to hit the cadence targets on the last 2 or 3 sprints, but I was able to power through without going into the death spiral.

Coming in, I was concerned this would be difficult for me. After getting through the first 3 sets, I thought I might make it, but my heart and legs gave out. A poor night of sleep might have contributed, but these short recovery sprints are always a challenge for me.

1 Like

citizen-kane-clapping

Well played, The Model, well played. You win this round. Look forward to meeting up again when my legs aren’t @#$%.

Well I for one feel appropriately humbled for the beginning of Lent. Ow. Absolutely fell apart going into the second round of 30/30’s. Like the good sprinter that I am, I “found my own pace” to stay ahead of the broom wagon for the rest of the set. Recovered on the break, and felt like I restored some small semblance of pride in the 20/20’s.

Just awful - but awesome. Love what the minions put together for this workout, and bodes well for the continuing SUF > SYSTM transition. Loved the new music and “playlist” formats throughout. I can only assume the video was as well thought-out and executed? (Kidding…I was able to catch a little of it. :grimacing:).

So yeah, I am destroyed, @:100:% left burning by the roadside. But still giving it :100:% in my heart.

#embracethesuck

:smiling_face_with_tear:

Oh yeah, and #:heart:girlsonbikes

5 Likes

@JamesJordan For me it was the opposite. Even with a 10 minute warm up I found the 1st set of intervals pure ugliness but once I was at the 3rd and 4th sets I was able to close my eyes and use the tapers breathing techniques and just go hard through each interval.

3 Likes