ToS feedback

kind of like the spring classics but spread through the year

3 Likes

Definitely agree here. I really enjoyed the greater challenge of 9 days (or was it 10?) last year but 7 days was probably perfect for avoiding too much impact on my family.

And the challenge of this year’s route was just right. I could do the ride every morning, before work on working days, and still carry on with life without having to juggle the 50 hour window.

5 Likes

I was a member of a Vbulletin forum for a long time, in what feels like another life.
To me it seems like there’s something missing in the setup or default settings of this new forum.
A forum should allow for replies to show as a conversation within the thread. Wholeheartedly agree that is hard to follow the threads on the forum. Maybe what’s missing are the diehard forum mods whose role is to get this forum clean, shiny, and easy to use. I think if that could be sorted, including default forum views showing categories at login, this place would be a lot easier to navigate…

8 Likes

Agree with Isa and Dame Diana that threading/conversations are lost here. It is confusing - and that may need to be addressed for this forum to ever become as robust as the community on FB.

How can we help Sir @David.McQuillen.KoS?

8 Likes

You can set your “preferences” to open up on the Categories page at login (after wading through several options on the menu…)

I haven’t been able to find an option that allows for nested replies within a thread though.

2 Likes

Discourse was intentionally designed to have a flat threading model. Without getting in to the pros and cons of that approach, and I’m not even sure which style I favour, a more general discussion about the forum is probably best taken off to another topic. Not least because @Martin said

6 Likes

I would reiterate the confusion between the spread of info between here and facebook. I am not on facebook and never will be. I have no idea what is going on over there but if there are thing son there only then I will never see them. It’s news to me that the 2022 dates have already been announced.

4 Likes

I would also reiterate Sir James’ suggestion of taking that particular discussion to another topic…

1 Like

This was my 4th or 5th ToS. Loved it as always. The shot in the arm that I need at this time of year.
Wasn’t sure about the 7-day thing at first but it felt right as the week went on. Norway was fabulous. I am not afraid to say I take full advantage of the 50-hour clock each year.

Agreed on other comments with regard to the Dashboard. Super useful, but super hard to find for many who don’t know their way around. It should serve folks better if it was integrated into the app.

With regard to the Forum vs. FB, and this only applies to the ToS… things feel much more alive and active on FB, as posts get pushed to your feed. The FB format does a much better job of capturing the energy of the ToS. For discussions like this, this format feels better. It is not a one-size-fits-all sort of thing, IMO.

9 Likes

Excellent - and moving swiftly on, but please be assured it is logged !!

Great event and I am in next year for sure. As bonus suffering I added:

• 1/3 of joyride due to an Sufferfest crash
  • 1.5 h ride on dentists chair instead of stage 5 on thursday morning
  • Last 3 Stages in a 30 hour timeframe

Big training load what was a bit unexpected for me. But so happy to finish the Nuclear Option in time.

Any schedule on price drawing? :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Shorter quarterly events would be nice, 3 consecutive days within a seven day window to accommodate riding season schedules, a & b events etc.

*In addition to the TOS of course.

6 Likes

This would be a neat way of introducing a new workout session. A 3 day mini tour with the new session in the middle, released a day beforehand (to allow for downloading).
Or something.

Though I appreciate people may not like their first attempt at a new session being only one day after a 9H/HHNF/Angels triptych…

2 Likes

You could be on to something there @Sir_Brian_M :grin:

2 Likes

Gee wonder where I got that idea. Just trying not to reveal anything in the dark recesses of the dungeon.

2 Likes

I like the idea of a mini tour, or a gran fondo (3, 4, 5 sessions back to back on a single day)? You could even do something like a mini two day tour, so 3 sessions on a day followed by another 3 sessions the next day. They don’t all have to be all out sessions, i.e. a long endurance ride at 65% following Cobbler.

Lots of different ways to ride bikes, lots of ways to introduce some more events during the year.

Martin

3 Likes

Maybe knowing that Knights have had access to quarterly 3 stage events and a second Tour since 2014 could be a good draw for KoS. Or maybe the time has come to share some (not all, of course) of that Suffering with the wider community. Anyways, heading off topic, back to ToS…

7 Likes

Ok. Probably not strictly a ToS item, but I constantly get logged out of the forum and then I sign back in and get incorrect login details then get a link. Why? How can just logging in be such a chore?

1 Like

I had the same issue!

1 Like

At least I’m not alone and thinking I’m doing it wrong.

1 Like