TOS Stage 3 - OPEN! - Official Thread

When you have a fluid trainer every day is the good ole days!!

3 Likes

Definitely feeling the fatigue in the legs - they just abandoned me at a few points, but I still scraped my sorry, sweating, beaten ass to the finish. Those last sprints, I hardly remember them… the last one is just a blur of my knees spinning and me holding on for dear life, while my heartrate is screaming “what did I do to deserve this?”

But I love how a session like this can make threshold power feel like recovery. Those AC sprints are gnarly.

Early to bed tonight. Starting to embrace the idea that Nuclear might claim me as a victim in a few days. But going to fight my hardest to make sure it’s not tomorrow.

4 Likes

I enjoyed that!

3 Likes

Tough but great. Much prefer the Womens race footage, and Yorkshire so even better!
The music at the end is beautiful, it reminds me of a scene from a hospital drama but instead of dying in intensive care they scrape you off your bike and drive you to the next stage

3 Likes

Absolutely. One of my favorite cool-downs.

3 Likes

Done. Kind of fun. Reminded of Fight Gone Bad, also brutal in a nice way. Fight gone bad

Onwards.

2 Likes

Love seeing Yorkshire in the footage, and always feel for that poor athlete at the end. Although felt pretty much the same today.

3 Likes

Yeah, Fight Club done, I hate it, not a racer type so struggle with the high cadences in the last 2 bouts.

Started thinking this is okay, doing it on focused seems like a cheat’s option, I wasn’t thinking that by the end.

Time to relax and not think about tomorrow’s stage.

2 Likes

30-10s. I did it on KCore. It’s fine. Enjoy

Sweet mother of suffering… my legs are fried! I hope the quality time I spent with Abi after the ride helps for tomorrow!!!

4 Likes

Just finished - not gonna lie - that last round was tough!!

These may be famous last words, but happy with how I’m doing so far. My legs always ache in the evenings and feeling generally tired, but every day still managing to get on the bike and complete the session :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Breathing totally out of control, heart rate high above the atmosphere, but legs almost ok (let’s see that tomorrow). Congrats!

1 Like

You’ve got to be kidding, I’d rather have done another 6 minutes interval and attacks rather than listen to that. I’ve finally started using the Sufferfest sound tracks (loving them, and it means I’m more a part of the Sufferfest Borg) but that’s not a cool down track. It’s not a chill out track.

The aural equivalent of an ice cold shower.

1 Like

Stage 3 done :white_check_mark: (100/100/100/88)

Mind and body are incredible. Self learning never ends.

Yesterday was really hard day for me, so bad feelings, my legs were totally toasted, I had to dialed down all numbers to 75% in order to finish.

And today… My first time with F___ C___…

I ENJOYED it A LOT, as much as it becomes a new favorite workout for me, with GOAT and Joyride.

BOOM!!! :exploding_head:

5 Likes

YAAAAAS! HELLO ENDORPHINS!
Things I did not need to read half way through “you’re tired, your legs are heavy, you’re sore” why remind me?!?!:joy:

I had to prewarn my husband who’s WFH 2 rooms down that if he heard shouting or screaming it wasn’t anything to worry about, just me telling my legs to sort their lives out. But I was likely going to text him to help me off the bike at the end.

Confession: I usually just have the mini player on and watch something distracting or watch the video and have my German playlist on (best way to learn a language for me, German dance/pop!) But I saw it was Yorkshire so I did vid and music and BOY am I glad I did! I actually enjoyed (some of) that!

Main thoughts:
“Ooooof this looks a bit brutal”
“Ooooh look! Look at the sign post, that’s [insert town] I’ve been there!!”
"Hey, oh is that Ripon? OMG I think that’s where tough mudder is! "
"Yorkshire flag! (In a Yorkshire accent) EEEEYORRRRRRKSHuuuuuuuR!! (X3) "
“Is, is that? No it’s not is it? Is that York? Could that be the racecourse?”
“Leeds? Or Harrogate? Where am I??”

All of the above interspersed with
"OH MY ACTUAL HOLY *@&ÂŁ&@!!! WHYYYYY?!?!? "
“come ON legs you useless chumps! Please legs, I’m sorry, I love you, you’re amazing you can DO THIS”

Flying high ATM. Well.done everyone! And good luck to those still to smash it!
I’m off to down some bone broth… Followed by pancakes!:crazy_face:

8 Likes

Absolutely brutal. My power graph in those last two sets was like this: WWWWW. Does that still count as going 100%?!

At least I’ve got a full 24+ hours before I do stage 4

7 Likes

I also enjoyed that one we don’t talk about. Like others have said it suits Attackers and that is what the metrics have me pinned as! It got ruddy hot again inside though. - 30 ish outside. After getting off done, Resulted in this

21 Likes

Stage 3 Round 1…

5 Likes

Yeah, it was brutal. I did have to check the calibration when the warm up seemed so hard after 2 days of Sufferfest followed by DIY.
I was beaten down on intervals 3, 4 and 5, but not quite knocked out. I know I lost on points but I kept fighting.
I’ll try to keep to nuclear tomorrow but if I can’t do it will turn it down a long way tomorrow, so I can attack in Norway.

1 Like

I’m an attacker, so today played to my strengths (unlike 9H). It almost felt like a recovery day compared to the first two days (admittedly, I’m focused and not nuclear). I’m feeling surprisingly good for almost halfway through my first ToS!

3 Likes