ToS'21 Prep Plan In Place

Yep. Butter today. Doing the intermediate plan with mental, yoga, and strength. New numbers as of dec 13 too. Cash register tomorrow

1 Like

Yep, selected the Advanced plan as I wanted to maximize my suffering to sufficiently prep me for my first ToS. Don’t really have any idea what to expect, so better prepare :muscle:

2 Likes

Nice. Also included all the extras. Wasn’t sure if I should go for advanced or intermediate, but decided to go max suffer for max gain prior to ToS (and later on my Mt. Sufferlandria :wink:)

1 Like

I have a love/hate relationship with the TOS. This year will be my 6th(?)
BTW - Are there badges for those early, dark years of the TOS? I’m sure I have evidence of completion (scars and whatnot) if need be

2 Likes

So yesterday’s Butter was an utter disaster, so I feared today’s Cash Register.

But, like always, if I have a good night sleep after a fine Risotto, NM sprints are fun to do.

All is well Frozen Road tomorrow!

2 Likes

I know i should trust the plan but… Across the mountains (0:36) and Recovery booster (yoga) today kind of felt… unfulfilling? And tomorrow does not even contain cycling, only strength, yoga and MTP! :grimacing:

1 Like

First day of second week of prep plan, and it is completely empty. I am not sure how to deal with this… I need my suffer-fix!!! :grimacing:

2 Likes

I am encountering the same empty day.

Plenty of options available :slight_smile::

• Additional yoga never hurts
  • Sub in an easy strength session with upper body focus
  • Watch an inspirational video with your feet up
1 Like

Thanks for the attempted comforting Pierre. I must admit I have already done som extra yoga last week, and looking to so some today as well.

In addition I am thinking to refine my suffer-cave set up a little (lower screen for better viewing in TT position, a necessary improvement experienced doing team scream during the weekend) which calls for a little bit of manual labour.

My outside bikes have been neglected lately too and could probably do with some TLC.

Except I want to suffer!

But I guess suffering from lack of suffering is also suffering, which makes us stronger? GvA sometimes works in mysterious ways.

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with some inspiration that’s done at recovery (z2) efforts. Minimal TSS and a decent workout. Shouldn’t be a hindrance to performing your overall plan unless you go too hard or don’t give yourself enough time for recovery.

More yoga’s also a good idea.

Week 2! Seems like an NM focused week in the intermediate plan. Rest day Monday. SUF Idol yesterday. GCN power torque today. Power station tomorrow.

For SUF Idol, I find myself standing to start each sprint. The rest of you?

2 Likes

Yes, pretty much. On the NM and AC sprints I lift my cadence for the few seconds before then stand as the sprint starts before sitting sitting down again. If not I find it all too easy to end up grinding to a halt in the spiral of death.

I do understand that “Coach knows best” but I don’t really like the GCN videos so I did The Chores instead of Power Torque. I thought it was Similar’ish!

1 Like

So, Cash Register is on my plan for today, and as it is my first time doing it I just wonder if I should go for the target or make it a max effort for the 10 sec sprints?

I’m just joining the prep plan today. My knees were feeling a little wobbly after FF + a strength workout yesterday and I was feeling demotivated to get back on the bike for Power Station today – but it was a great workout, love grinding up the mountains!

1 Like

For anyone wondering, tried to make max efforts of the sprints, worked quite well :+1:

2 Likes

ISLAGIATT today. Failed miserably during the second climb. I suffered so hard and just reaching sweet spot targets where FTP targets where in order. Happy that next week is recovery week.

5 Likes

I know just how you feel.

Came on to say ISLAGIATT - it wasn’t, it really wasn’t.

Got halfway through second climb and ground to a halt, dialled back to 95% and carried on. Got to the start of climb 3 and dialled back again to 90% where it stayed for the rest of the session. Honestly don’t think I could have gone any harder.

Thank goodness it’s recovery time.

4 Likes

Seems like I am not the only one who gets his ass kicked by the prep plan. :wink:

We can do it. There is always the next workout to look forward to.

3 Likes

There is some definite satisfaction at getting all the way through ISLAGIATT @100%

It feels like it really is good Nuclear TOS prep :grinning:

6 Likes

Now yall have me worried about doing ISLAGIATT in a little while! :wink: It’s okay, we suffer today so we can… suffer more later?

Edit: phew, so much suffering; would suffer more!

1 Like