ToS'21 Prep Plan In Place

Had same as @frenata, but only did level mode for the two initial sprints, and managed to peak above 1400 W for the second one, so that felt good. The rest was ERG and ok.

In today’s aerobic endurance it looked like the GCN crew suffered so much more than I felt I did, so for the second interval i dialed it up to 103%. That truly made me suffer and I hate-loved every minute of it. And the sprint, whoa! Spiked my HR up to 160, a figure I rarely see. Tough session, but feels ever so sweet after :trophy:

Was it just me, or did all in the studio pedal a lot faster than me at the low cadence efforts?

1 Like

Not sure about the studio since I went novid on this one after the initial explanation of the structure. Looking at my HR data, I ticked up about 4 bpm from the last 100 rpm interval to the 110 rpm interval and stayed steady through the sprint, topping out at about ~91% of HRMax.

Pushing the intensity up slightly for the second block is pretty evil and something I should try when this one comes back around.

1 Like

They were definitely pedaling faster and Hank was surely suffering more than the 90% of FTP that I was doing! That last minute of MAP hurt a lot though… I’m on level mode (no smart trainer) and I truly made it a maximal effort…one minute is a long time!

1 Like

Intermediate plan here! Sprint/threshold/sprint yesterday. Elements of style today. What a great video, one of my favs. And team scream tomorrow. Excited and nervous about it.

3 Likes

So just did The Bat, and felt good about it. Actually so good I determined I needed a prize, so i rewarded myself with dialling up 2% for the last interval!

GvA would maybe be proud. Or more likely, he would ask “why not 5%?”

Anyways, there are some bloody wheelsuckers in The Bat, as would be expected, however, where are all the VAM-pires?

4 Likes

Holy pain shakes, I freakin’ love Team Scream!

Just an awesome video - manages a perfect job of keeping you at what feels very close to your limit without pushing you over the edge and breaking you.

I’m always a bit nervous before I hit play, then “Warm up 11:45” sounds like ages but before you know it “Boom”… Had to run the warm down twice to get my heart rate back to something sensible.

3 Likes

I gotta stop reading the forum before I workout… I couldn’t let this challenge go unmet, so I decided to tick up the intensity by 1% per interval!

This led to a pretty good mantra though: “as the ride gets longer, I only get stronger”. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Wow, what an utterly excellent idea! Why didn’t I think of that? I will keep it in mind til next session with such definer intervals. Maybe Nine Hammers or something? :thinking:
Heard that is a good workout, yet still to try it myself.

1 Like

You’ll experience Nine Hammers on the second stage. What a glorious debut. :slight_smile:

While I applaud your idea of increasing intensity. Word of advice: Don’t do it with Nine Hammers. Not on your first ride. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Haha, yeah, I have heard it is quite infamous so don’t worry, I won’t do that any time soon! :joy:

1 Like

Was going to say something similar. If you can successfully hit yourself with the 9th hammer at 108% then it’s definitely time for new numbers. :grinning:

3 Likes

Team Scream, what an awesome workout !! As was mentioned in the description I was completely done when I finished. Reached max heartrate and kept it there for 1 minute…Tomorrow rest day and two Endurance rides in the weekend.

4 Likes

Another vote for team scream. Keeps me entertained while I lose copious amounts of holy water and listen to my legs cry out for me to stop.

5 Likes

Chasing legends is an already legendary workout. Really tough, had to dial down after 50min. The documentary is entertaining enough to keep you occupied. I like the way when the race footage is on you have to suffer just as hard.

Excellent job.

4 Likes

@ArnoKOS Totally agree! I did it today as well for my second time and look forward to doing it again.

2 Likes

I did Chasing Legends today and it was exactly what I needed. Prep plan is really working for me and I’m looking forward to my first ToS.

4 Likes

Did Chasing Legends yesterday, loved it except when the pace got intense my heart started pounding and I found myself trying to sprint along with them and had to back off to the power target :grin:

I did Chasing Legends on Friday and Half the Road, yesterday , plus Open 30. Team Scream
Killed me and I was struggling during parts of Chasing Legends, but I felt great last night and felt like I could’ve kept riding except it was getting late. Also was the first time I’ve ridden at night is as long as I can remember. It felt great and I feel like my legs are coming back and my motivation suddenly returned. Now to see how I do this week. I may need to throw in some long rides on some of my off days. Maybe I need to do some more night riding.

/cue Knight Rider theme

1 Like

I want to put a plug in for ‘Half the Road’ (did it today) - I thought it was the best put together inspiration ride I’ve done (in my short time in SUF).

2 Likes

should have done that one last Sunday but the weather was really nice, cold but sunny.

Liked my outside ride.

Still have something to look forward to.