Tour Mementos

Hello fellow ToS22 Survivors (or ToSers).

I recall that last year at the end of the Tour someone created a program to put together a small poster of the routes of ToS21 to commemorate our victories. Of course, I can’t find the information - I’m too flipping tired out.

Just wondering if anyone has that information and whether there is a program for this year’s ToS. It was a nice reminder of the pain and suffering I went through and after this year’s week from hell, I’d like never to forget what an interesting experience ToS22 was…

1 Like

I was thinking much the same.
Made a nice PDF poster of the route and exercise files…

1 Like

Like this…was wondering myself, but figured I was consuming enough bandwidth this tour. :grimacing:

2 Likes

That was SO 2017! :rofl:

Edit: Stage 8 still gives me knightmares!

3 Likes

possibly - unfortunately I can’t see your image! Just a blue square with a question mark. I guess that does kind of sum up my 2022 Tour though…

1 Like

It doesn’t look like that’ll be happening this year per the latest in this this thread: The unofficial Tour merch stand is now OPEN (*WARNING, HERE BE GRAPHS*)

1 Like

That’s the one Cheryl. Can’t believe it’s not happening this year!

1 Like

right, that’s the one @JamesT coded for last year. He did a great job. Pity it didn’t happen this year, but maybe someone could talk him into sharing his code to (belatedly) build a 2022 version.

Or even better, a perpetual version!

6d 6f 72 65 20 74 68 61 6e 20 79 6f 75

:nerd_face::nerd_face::nerd_face:

3 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

Oh yes CPT A. Perhaps someone who knows him could mention Fluffy is asking…

Binary looks better, but it does tend to go on and on… :wink:

I liked the poster/graph so much I had it printed on a giant towel and a coffee mug to remind me of a great ToS in 2021. I would make a donation again if there was something similar this year.

2 Likes

Indeed, I love it as a memento.

@CPT_A (as it appears implied you have some contact here) or @JamesT if you’re about… I’m kind of flooded with work at the moment, but I’d also be happy to have a pick at this and modify last year’s code to work for this year’s event if you were happy to share access with me.

3 Likes

Nope @Jon, I have no particular insights, just - like you - a code nerd without much free time.

1 Like

Sir Jon and Cpt A - thank you for doing this. Would you keep us posted here if you make any progress please? Many thanks indeed.

As this was my first ToS, I would love to have something like that as a remembrance of my suffering. In a few days I MIGHT even look back on this experience with some fondness.

I will keep watching this thread for updates.

2 Likes

Someone did the circle. I can’t remember who. Can you help @GJStache53 ?

Think it was Dame Patrizia (who has retired) but I could be wrong.

I remember someone posting their giant towel! Was that you? That was pretty clever! How did it hold up?

It was not me but I think I was inspired by that to get my own! It is holding up very well but in retrospect I should have gone one size smaller as mine is the size of a big tablecloth. :grinning: