Videos freezing since update

Went to do my cycle today and there was a update on the windows sufferfest app.
However after this I tried to do the ominum and after 10 minutes the video would go choppy and completely freeze meaning I can’t continue cycling. Restarted the laptop but it did the same thing, tried a 3rd time and got to 25 minutes in and did the same. Wondering if anyone else having this issue since the update and knows a fix, videos have always been fine up until now.
Have a wahoo snap, wahoo cadence and wahoo tickr all connected via Bluetooth.

2 Likes

I had the same yesterday. I presumed it was a one off, but just saw the same thing mentioned on the FB group. Looks like it’s the same for everyone. Hopefully a fix will be imminent.

Yep, same here… Defender started off OK today but gets choppy/laggy after about 30 mins. Elements of Style was the same yesterday. All videos are downloaded to HDD.

Using a Dumb KK Road Machine with 4iii PM.

Seems ok so far this evening for me

Yes I had a very glitchy experience yesterday doing It Seemed Like Thin Air, kind of glad to know it isn’t just me. I only did an “open” ride today so didn’t really test it. Hopefully it will be fixed soon, I’ll be following the thread with interest. Hopefully some of the SUF minions can come on and comment.

Spoke too soon. Just started 2nd vid of the night and it’s a bit glitchy

I noticed that Bluetooth peripherals don’t seem to mix well with the program. Including mice and speakers.

I quite often have glitches as a result. I also quite often just turn off the music portion of the workout and listen to my own music with my bluetooth speaker connected to my phone, with the sufferfest app running on my MacBook. Seems to work a lot better, still freezes a bit.

Had a No Vid start being choppy then completely freeze on me today and Half is Easy on Thursday was troublesome also, so must be something to do with the update.

1 Like

Tried with an old 6.13 beta version this morning, no issue. Yesterday with 6.14, choppy video after 30 minutes or so.

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know about this guys, I am sorry that you’re having trouble with this. Just to confirm, the only thing that has changed in your setup is the update to 6.14 and this isn’t something you’ve had issues with before?

2 Likes

Hi rebecca.
Yes the only difference for me was the 6.14 update.

2 Likes

Same here. Only change is the update.

I’ve emailed the minions and had a reply but no chance to provide further information back to them yet.

2 Likes

Same on a no-vid yesterday. MacOS with ANT+ dongle.

1 Like

Yep same here. Update done and now videos are glitchy to the point of stopping. Tried both downloaded and steaming. Same issue 3 sessions now but yesterday Butter was a disaster :frowning:

1 Like

Thanks for the updates everyone! We are absolutely digging into this, we don’t want you doing this kind of suffering. Please do email us at theminions@thesufferfest.com whenever you have issues like this, it really helps us in tracking how widespread an issue is and allows us to collect information that will help the development team in their investigation.

3 Likes

Ditto for me - tried “Getting away with it” this morning and 30 minutes in it froze. Up until this update the app on Windows 10 has been really solid - never had an issue. Tacx Neo using bluetooth. Will try ANT+ next time to see if its any better.

1 Like

Me too! I did Team Scream right after the update and it was choppy throughout. I’m on a MacBook, Tacx Neo, using bluetooth to an external speaker, have cadence and HR sensors, and I had downloaded the video. It never froze, but it was also never smooth.

1 Like

Anyone had videos (downloaded or streamed) that are not choppy using 6.14 on a MacOs laptop? If yes, how are you doing it?

Also, anyone know how to download the previous version?

1 Like

Hi mate,

I’ve just done tempo 7 x 3 which is a no vid one. I streamed it and was fine. But then there isn’t any video, or music or really quick changes in targets. Maybr they have been a fix in the back ground.

1 Like

Thanks @Loynesy9! This issue would most likely only affect workouts with a video.

1 Like