Videos freezing since update

The minions are on it. It’s effecting a lot of people it seems. Apparently the app is causing very high CPU usage, but streamed videos appear to be OK, providing your Internet connection is OK of course.

I tried playing a video on my high spec laptop earlier and, admittedly with no ant+ devices connected, it ran fine. It is effectively a gaming laptop so the spec is very high. The machine I use for Sufferfest videos is not up to the task. If this hasn’t been fixed by Wednesday morning I’ll try it on the better machine and see what happens! It’s frustrating to say the least.

1 Like

I had the issue on streamed videos as well.

1 Like

Oh and that’s with a 100mbps wired connection so don’t generally have an issue with streaming.

1 Like

Thanks for the details on this. We’ve been looking into this today but there is nothing obvious that we’ve found yet. There are very few changes from 6.13 to 6.14 so for now, we’ve unpublished 6.14.0. So if you go to https://download.thesufferfest.com you should now get 6.13.0. We’re also preparing a 6.14.1 version that is the same code as 6.13.0 so people will get auto-updated to that version until we can do a hotfix that fixes the core issue.

7 Likes

Me too, I did Half is easy this morning watching Rich Roll talking about mindfulness. It was weird.

2 Likes

Another data point here: I updated the app yesterday, then ran Hell Hath No Fury (downloaded). It started a bit choppy, then steadily got worse and worse until it froze completely 30-35 minutes in. Task Manager showed 2 of my 4 CPUs at 100%, both taken up by Sufferfest processes.
System details:
Windows 10 Home, Intel Core 2 Q6600 (old, but still decent at 2.40GHz), 8Gb RAM, NVIDIA GTX 645 GPU, 500Gb SSD, Dell 3014 monitor (2560x1600). ANT+ dongle reading HR & Cadence; Bluetooth dongle controlling Tacx Neo.
Edit: Here’s the ride in Strava - you can see it giving up completely at about 35 minutes, with a steadily increasing amount of ANT+ dropouts up to that point.

1 Like

Hi Everyone, if you are still experiencing video issues please see @reid.weber’s post above…

If that still isn’t doing it for you then please submit a help request to the minions. You can do that here:
https://support.thesufferfest.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Nothing wrong with posting here, but I want to make sure that your feedback gets to the correct people, and submitting a help request is the quickest way to make that happen.

7 Likes

Went back to 6.13 today, rode Revolver with no issues. Thanks for making the old version available!

1 Like

Same here. Over 40 min on a GCN, the video went from perfect to stop motion choppy. Reported it, got a response with a link to the previous version as described here. GCN videos not immune.

1 Like

Hey Rebecca I am in the middle of a trial with sufferfest but never could really trial it because I experienced this issue with video on my windows surface pro with a downloaded video work out. Is it possible to extend the trial now I can roll back to the previous version?

1 Like

@reid.weber. I haven’t downloaded 6.13 yet as you recommend but I did notIce that the video in Elements of Style was skipping but the audio was fine.

And can I just put a shout out for that video! It’s great :+1:(Was it updated?) and I’m on board with the once a week recommendation!

More cyclingtips collaborations please!

1 Like

You’ll want to submit a help request (the link is posted above) for this.

3 Likes

Just to confirm I downloaded 6.13 and did a SUF session today, it was absolutely faultless.

Happy days and thanks for sorting this. Hope you find the bug for future releases!

5 Likes

Yep, same here… rolled back to v6.13 and all is good again. Have updated Minions via email also.

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

I rolled back and did revolver and it worked great.

2 Likes

Thanks for the post and solution. I rolled back just now and hope the next workout will be as flawless as usual.

2 Likes

Thanks.

Just sent an email from here in the borderlands with Couchlandria describing both the lag issue, as well as another with syncing with third parties. (One is enabled and is not syncing, while another is removed by is syncing. Weird, I know; I blame Couchlandrian cyber- & psych- ops.)

2 Likes

I’ve got similar issues. It always atarts ok but get’s jumpy after about 20 to 30 minutes. I thought it was my computer but seems to happen to quite a number of people.

1 Like

The (swift) reply from the Minions was that there were some issues with v6.14 of the app, so they “re-released” v6.13 for download. I’ve reinstalled the app on my Mac Mini in my Sufferlandrian outpost but have yet to try it; “Downward Spiral” is on tap for tomorrow morning, so I guess we’ll see how that goes.

2 Likes

Hi everyone,
had similar problems since the update. Audio was working, bute the downloaded video slowed down until each second lastet about 5 seconds. One way to improve my biking skills :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I downloaded the older version and will try again in a few days.

1 Like