Videos freezing since update

And here I thought it was my laptop starting to act up. I even told my wife mid session that the laptop will need to be replaced :grimacing:. I actually went ahead and deleted all my videos from the app as I thought it was the memory of the laptop giving issues - Dope :roll_eyes:. Aghh well, at least I have uncapped :grimacing:

I will roll back to v13 and try it again - thank you kindly

1 Like

I am glad I found this thread. Since it happened to me during ‘The Shovel’ this past Friday. I actually questioned whether I was hallucinating from fatigue or what?

1 Like

I had stop motion video on x.14. Rolled back to x.13 and did TBTITW. All good!

1 Like

Hi. Yeah, started happening to me too.
Interestingly, I noticed it even when running with video disabled (minibar view or whatever it’s called). I was looking at the timer and the progression line on the chart and noticed they both seemed odd - not moving nicely.
The other thing I noticed was that sometimes moving my mouse out of the window (I was opening Task Manager to see what was broken) suddenly made it move normally again. But not always.

As an aside, if I d/l 6.13 do I need to uninstall 6.14 or will it go over the top? I assume (hope) I don’t need to d/l all the videos again!

Chris

1 Like

Hey @ChrisMTB I did a reinstall back to 6.13 yesterday and all my downloads were still there. I also deleted 6.14 first

3 Likes

Just to add to the group experience, I also had the problem with videos not playing smoothly, and rolling back to 6.13 seems to have fixed it for me too (on my Mac)

2 Likes

Is the 6.14.1 hotfix published yet? I realised this morning during my regular Friday yoga sessions with Abi I hadn’t downgraded the app on my laptop (though both 15 minute videos were fine).

1 Like

Quick update to this issue. We spent several days looking into it and determined it was likely caused by some updates to some code libraries we made. We didn’t identify the exact change because we couldn’t reproduce the issue internally, even with some really old hardware. We think it is a combination of some specific older hardware and one of the library versions.
We need to update these libraries to keep up with security updates as well as support new development. We did a test with one user to further upgrade the code libraries to the latest versions and that seemed to have fixed the problem.

So our plan right now is to take the time to do the rest of the library upgrades and roll those into 6.16. We didn’t release 6.14.1 because we had concerns that some people may see some weird behavior with what would effectively be a rollback.
We are continuing to test and and plan to release betas for 6.15 but that version will likely be skipped as a public release because it will have the same issue as 6.14.0.
If you are still on 6.14.0 and are experiencing playback problems, you can download the app directly from the website, which should give you 6.13 (until this post gets stale).
We’ll also post here once we have a version to test for those that were experiencing playback and stuttering issues on 6.14.0

12 Likes

Thanks for update @reid.weber … 6,13 keeping me occupied … do not worry :slight_smile: !!!

2 Likes

I got issue too… Thought it was just me!
What is this app written in?

1 Like

Mostly javascript. It is primarily an AngularJS app. We use electron for the Mac and Windows versions.

3 Likes

I have this problem to on my 2019 16" mac with top of the line specs. I will download 6.13 and see if this fixes the problem on my laptop to.

1 Like

Would downloading version 6.13.0 also mean having to download all the videos again?

1 Like

On my Mac the videos stayed

1 Like

No.

Sorry, I was trying to think how to write a longer answer but no sums it up nicely :slight_smile:

3 Likes

A longer answer: no you don’t have to because the videos sits on your :C drive and is not affected by the software that gets updated :grimacing:

2 Likes

Any updates on when this will be resolved? I gave up on “Who Dares” because of the video freezing. I had reverted back to 6.13 and the video is downloaded, but to no avail. I missed the 2nd and 3rd sprint of the 1st interval because of the video freeze.

2 Likes

I’d email the minions if you’re having ongoing issues, I’ve not heard anyone else say their issues haven’t been resolved by the fix.

3 Likes

@Lynchk Please do send us an email so we can help with this. If you’re using 6.13 then it’s not going to be the same issue we were seeing before.

2 Likes

I’m no expert, but it sounds like the issues would go away if we bought new bikes … :thinking:

6 Likes