Videos freezing since update

I’m seeing it too, Same symptoms and just started happening last few rides. I am also on 6.13 on MacOS and also tried downloading the video ahead of time. I’ll get an email into support too.

1 Like

My video stuttering has returned. I has this issue when we went to 6.14 and it resolved when we went back to 6.13. AFAIK, no updates since, but on a downloaded GCN video yesterday, I had to quit b/c the video stuttering became unrideable. Then, I started a different GCN video, one that was not previously downloaded. Worked fine. I’m on a Windows laptop and, when the video stopped, I also saw the ‘hourglass’ cursor. So my computer was doing some resource intensive task, just not showing the video. I’ve already contacted the minions, but wanted to see if my new experience with this is unique or more widespread…

1 Like

I’ve experienced something similar (on Win Laptop). But in my case I blame it on downloading an updates “The Hunted” video whilst doing the “GCN Sprint Efforts”. I just hit the ok button when I was asked if I wanted to update the video. So I was not worried about the stuttering video during the workout.

1 Like

I rejected that same opportunity to download the updated video! But maybe that was downloading anyway? I have instructions from the Minions to carry out a test - probably over the weekend - and will report back the method and results. Since there has not been numerous ‘me too’ responses here, perhaps my recent experience was an unusual, unrepeatable problem. I sure hope so!

2 Likes

Update - turned out this was a problem with my anti-malware software. Not sure why it started suddenly and I thought these type of problems were something from the ‘90s but all fixed now. No more excuses for having unplanned recovery intervals due to a “video freeze” problem. Now I can really enjoy the upcoming Half-Monty on my training plan.

3 Likes

I experienced all of the above issues (video freezing/stuttering stopping altogether) over the last month. Here’s a couple troubleshooting steps I took on my iMac (with Wahoo KICKR)

• tried to download the video ahead of time: seemed to improve things a bit, but did not resolve the issue
  • noticed the issue gets worse when sensors are connected via bluetooth vs. External ANT+ dongle
  • noticed issue gets worse when audio is streaming over Bluetooth headset (like AirPods) and sensors are also on BT

So far what seems to make it better is sensors on ANT+ dongle and no BT audio connected.

Hope this gets resolved, switched back to Zwift out of frustration this week.

PS: all of the above was about 6.14, just downgraded to 6.13, we’ll see

1 Like

@ZenTurtle have you emailed us yet for some help with this? We are happy to work with you on this so that you aren’t suffering alone!

1 Like

6.13 seems to be working ok for me, thanks.

1 Like

Update…I’ve done three rides recently with no problems since my last ride with choppy video. I didn’t change a thing. Maybe, as someone else suggested, I was downloading a video update while riding. But I’m happy that all seems fine now.

1 Like

I wouldn’t call this an “older hardware” issue unless a top of the line business laptop less than a year old with an 8th gen I7 cpu is considered “older hardware”, because that’s where I’m seeing it. Ok, it’s not a 10th gen gaming rig with multiple discrete video cards, but it’s hardly old junk. I just got the 6.16 update and will see how that goes. I do notice that recently cpu usage has been pretty high, typically two simultaneous processes at 13% each. That’s pretty high for essentially a video player. The data processing shouldn’t require much. This is all with videos that have been downloaded with reliable mode. This issue is really not nice. For what it’s worth, I find that videos tend to start out smooth and get more and choppy as they play longer.

1 Like

I found no mention to this problem using iPad here, but I have been experiencing what seems to be the same, running downloaded videos.
I am using Version: 6.11.3 (13533).
What is strange it does not affect all videos, it is a kind of random issue coming now and then.

1 Like

Is something going on today with v16. I’m having trouble starting sufferfest app. Trying to install latest version

Looks like it’s working just had trouble with it loading

1 Like

If you’re still having trouble with videos, please be sure to email (theminions@thesufferfest.com). While we try to be helpful here in the forums, it is always best if we troubleshoot things with you individually.

3 Likes

I haven’t been riding indoors a lot, but it does seem that updates after 6.15 have probably fixed this for me.

1 Like