Wahoo Cadence Sensor Connection Problem

Hi.
I’m having trouble with the BT connection between my Wahoo Cadence Sensor and the iPhone App. The Trainer (Kickr Snap) and HRM (Tickr X) both pair quickly and without issue but the Cadence Sensor is a real problem.
There seems no obvious reason but I have to do a combination of switching my iPhone BT off/on, pairing to Wahoo App, forget/pair sensor with limited success.
I’ve tried new batteries, re-set (invert battery) and most other things I can think of.
I have 2 sensors and both pair OK with my ROAM (via Ant+)

Does anyone have any experience of this, or better still a fix?
Apologies if this has been asked already, had a look but can’t find anything. Thanks.

1 Like

Sometimes the TickrX can steal the cadence setting (it reports cadence but doesn’t work as a cadence sensor in SYSTM, or it didn’t when I last tried). If the cadence symbol is green on the TickrX in SYSTM settings, click it to deselect and then your actual cadence sensor should connect.

2 Likes

Thanks. That makes sense. I’ve got a standard Tickr so I’ll give it a go too.

1 Like

Check back in. I’m curious how things turn out. Also, because BTLE is generally limited to one connection, make sure the wahoo fitness app or anything else that may be grabbing the connection is closed.

1 Like

I hadn’t had that problem, but interesting take, @Glen.Coutts. Hadn’t thought of that angle.

1 Like

Using the standard Tickr HRM seemed to work. Thanks.
Not sure why but I often have to use the Wahoo Fitness app to ‘kick start’ some sensors before the SYSTM app detects them?
It’s a similar on RGT too but not a massive problem.

1 Like

I will often use the Wahoo Fitness app first, to be sure that all my sensors firmware are up to date. (I’ve got a Kickr '18, Climb, Tickr Tickr2, TickrX, Wahoo Cadence). But then I make sure the app is closed before moving on to SUF/SYSTM.

Tickr X does work as a cadence sensor in Systm app on my iphone, I use it all the time. Its flawless…

2 Likes

Sweet!! That’s news to me. Great to know though. Thanks!!

Worth knowing. Thanks