Wahoo Wednesdays | Share your feedback with the SYSTM team | December 7th 2021

Especially if one is Defender. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hahah. Yep. Especially that one. :face_vomiting:

1 Like

In the old app, when you sorted by a 4DP component, the workouts were sorted by how much that workout contributed to that metric. I miss that functionality.

3 Likes

Hi there,

First, SYSTM ist great and I love it.

A dashboard on your phone while riding a workout using another device would be nice. Like the Zwift Companion App, but just with the data.

3 Likes

The new Home page in the app looks great! Much better than before.

2 Likes

Please note: this will be the last feedback thread of 2021. We’ll pick things back up again in 2022.

Just in time for 2021 :wink:

How have we been doing so far?

• Pretty good I’m still suffering without interruptions in SYSTM.
  • I can finally view the calendar with android phone and do yoga and strength on my Android TV.
    But the architectural split of the apk file sometime after 7.8.1 prevents me from easily sideloading it to my not yet supported Android TV.
  • Primers becoming a real Sufferfest video is great!
    More content is also always welcome. Thanks for the Christmas present!

How can we make it better?

• include foam roller (recovery) sessions. It really helps me wonders against sore muscles after races etc.
  • make it easier to queue a recovery ride after a high intensity session
  • official Android TV support
  • always select a dedicated cadence sensor over the one from the kickr
  • 4DP trainings easily loadable on my head-unit when I want to ride outside
  • training load system
  • ability to compare rides
  • record 4DP percentages used in sessions (so they are comparable) I don’t remember all my values from my ToS 2021
  • view 4DP progression over time
  • ability to select similar workouts
  • always be able to select a indoor sufferfest video or outdoor workout
  • better video quality (resolution & codec/compression) where you can

What you want more/less of?
more:

• a week with
  • mike cotty
  • sufferfest videos

Anything else on your mind

Thanks @gpsjared for finally getting me to do a week with Ian Boswell which I really enjoyed.

In “Spikes” Ian is doing 370 watts in a recovery part of the video. I hope for me that’s a continuity error and not his real recovery pace…
I really did not like the canned whipped cream he was using. Please make a proper one! :wink:
I wanted to give up at the last big effort of the Creemee Ride but got it together and resumed to pull through. What a nice feeling!
Ian mentions in “I. Boswell 3: Strength Endurance” at 1:00:26 you should do 10 min recovery after the ride but in the video you only get 5. If it’s the week with Ian he should win with his 10 Minutes recovery.

What is the recommended way of doing a recovery ride after sessions? My two ways are flawed:
Recovery spin ± intensity is only possible if I check something like “change recovery sections”.
If I go the route of Open x I prefer to disable the video since most of the times I watch something different anyway.
Is there an easy workflow of starting a recovery ride without clicking multiple things? Preferably with an load below that of the “Recovery Spin”.

“Core focus 3” the calendar lists 21 min. In the workout 20 min is stated. The real duration is 20:38. You should round everywhere the same.
“Neal Henderson 2: Rabbit Mountain” 2nd last shovel like interval at 35:58 he says “20 seconds at your 5 Minute power” but it is 95% of your 1 minute power.
Full body 13: narrator states “intermediate session 3 B” while on screen text writes Full Body Strength 12 which is both wrong :slight_smile:

In the All Purpose Road Plan in the last week is “Recovery Session B” listed. Shouldn’t it be named Recovery Session 2? All the other A’s and B’s are gone. Swimming also has A and B.

On Location: Litor
Is Mike going up or downhill? He is incredibly fast.
Feels like Mike Cotty is dropping me some time in the video as he is pulling away. But please don’t get back so fast it ruines the biking together feel.
Otherwise it is awesome. I even stopped pedaling shortly when I was catching up on him too fast in the video to stay behind his wheel :slight_smile: I think also on Superflag with Neal Henderson.
I would love to be able to get the mini player in addition to the normal video window. This way I could enjoy the on location videos on my big TV while the graph would be on a 2nd screen like my Laptop or PC. The subtitle would have to stay on the main big screen.
Mirroring the training data to my Elemnt (or a companion app) would also be nice to be able to see it while eating stem. This would be low priority.
At the beginning I thought nice, the video quality is finally getting better. But once the sections with the trees, especially on the left, was entered the increased and fast details with a lot of shadows ruined it again because of the heavy compression and visual artifacts.

When I moved the miniplayer from my 4k display to the 1920x1200 px one the size stayed 4x too big and didn’t fit the screen at all. The workaround is moving the “normal” application in windowed mode to the small resolution screen and when on the small screen enable the miniplayer again.

While setting up zwift with ant+ and suf with ble at the same time I unplugged and replugged the and+ dongle and got a assertion.
Win10, SYSTM 7.13.1
Program: …WahooFitness\ant-fitness\build\Release\antLib.node
File: D:\jenkins\workspace\WinDesktopSystm_v7.13.1.…\ant.cpp
Line: 102
Expression: !bInitialized

When 4DP outside rides are coming, like for my ELEMNT, will there be a inside 4DP and outside 4DP value? Probably most people will have slightly different power numbers.

I wish everyone a happy new year and am looking forward to lots of cool content, new features and an awesome ToS!

Edit: I posted the Nit Picks in the fitting thread and reported the Bugs to the Minions.

1 Like

[quote=“gpsjared, post:1, topic:14836, full:true”]
Howdy folks :wave:

Welcome to Wahoo Wednesday, our weekly feedback thread.

Please note: this will be the last feedback thread of 2021. We’ll pick things back up again in 2022.

@gpsjared Anymore Wahoo Wednesday’s coming…?
I would love to see a Roadmap of new features in development (even if there were no timescales given) just to see what might be coming up and what is the priority…

3 Likes

Definitely! Going to pick these up after the Tour of Suf is over - in the next few weeks or so.

4 Likes