Wahoo X April Challenge - Spring Classics

Wahoo X April Challenge

Conquer the Cobbles!

The Spring Classics is always an exciting season and time of year. This month we have collated some of the pinnacle moments and stories to put you right in the action.

As we head into the outdoor season, check out these links to our Knowledge podcast episodes to make sure you are ready:

When can I complete this challenge?

Anytime in April

Workouts for the April Challenge:

As an additional Part of the monthly challenge this month, we have created an RGT Challenge. Head over to RGT to ride 2 laps of De Ronde! If you like competition, see how you do on overall lap time or in each of the segments.

https://user.rgtcycling.com/event?code=P6BJ84

16 Likes

Four good choices there. I really enjoyed the WvA film the first time I watched it and had been thinking about doing it again so thatā€™s handy!

Bit surprised that Cobbler didnā€™t make it onto the list though :sob: I may just add in it anyway!

10 Likes

That was my first thought too! Sounds like a good plan to add it in.

9 Likes

I was thinking the same thing.

Can also add in Joy Ride. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Who Dares has some good spring classic action too.

3 Likes

Good thing Iā€™ve already got that scheduled in at least once or twice. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

+1 Surprised and a bit disappointed. Definitely getting added.

Had Butter scheduled for tomorrow anyway so off to a flying start.

3 Likes

Well played Sir!

3 Likes

Looks like a good set but but butā€¦ I still have to finish the March challenge today!

3 Likes

Ready for the challenge!

6 Likes

I did the challenge road on RGT for the weekend thatā€™s in it, was fun. What does a challenge mean though? Is it just a road thatā€™s going to be open for the month and people will be dropping in and out? Or is there a leaderboard (not that Iā€™ll be challenging it :smiley: )

2 Likes

Glad to see there is already a lot of enthusiasm for Aprilā€™s challenge and please go for it adding the extras!
We typically only put 4workouts in each months challenge so as not to disrupt regular training.

For the RGT road, it is a challenge road as it is open all month to complete as many times as you like. And yes to the leaderboard. In app you can click on the event and check your results against other riders.

5 Likes

I guess Iā€™ll be adding these to my calendar? Somewhere? Itā€™s pretty booked up. Lol.

4 Likes

My second challenge badge completed today with Butter as the final workout and i couldnt come close to the rpm targets on the second round. I ran an easy 3 miles at lunch, swam easy yesterday and rode a flat 30 miles outside on Sunday. Saturday i ran up Sheep Mountain outside of Loveland in the snow and was trashed the next 2 days. Maybe that was still contributing to my lack of zip in my legs. Anyone struggle with their target power in Butter for the MAP segments?

4 Likes

One learning Iā€™ll be taking away for the future - doing the workout outdoors doesnā€™t count towards the badge. Had to do the WvA one twice!

2 Likes

Found out the same in Feb, only too late to get the badgeā€¦

2 Likes

Sorry we canā€™t recognize outdoor rides in these challenges, nice work on the double repeats though!

Congrats to to the 700+ of you who have completed the April Spring Classics Challenge and we still have 4 days to go!

Any guesses what we have ready for you in May?

5 Likes

@Rupert.H Giro dā€™Italia videos!

6 Likes

Violator incoming? :hot_face:

3 Likes

Oof, made it with but a few hours to spare after a tough month and doubling up yesterday.

Probably my least favourite monthly challenge so far. I really donā€™t like TBTITW, Holy Week and van Aert are dull (ok first time around, Iā€™m not going to watch again) and Butter is good but not a personal favourite.

Giro you say? Froomey on the Finestre?

2 Likes