Wahoo X November Challenge - The Sufferfest

I’d rather punch myself in the face than do 60 minutes of yoga. :joy:

5 Likes

Nice set of workouts ! Right time of year. Hopefully this will be the first Monthly Challenge I manage to complete.

3 Likes

To be fair, Dame Isi, it’s not a Sufferlandrian Challenge per se. It’s the November Wahoo X Challenge with Sufferfest videos in the mix. The more Sufferlandrian challenge is to do them all in one day and the most Sufferlandrian challenge would be to do them back-to-back Knighthood Style :slight_smile:

Edit: just don’t make me do an hour of yoga!

13 Likes

exactly what I’m planning to do :+1:
Hail Sufferlandria!

8 Likes

of course you are Dame Isi! I’d expect nothing less from you, LEGEND!! QQ, are you planning to do it in the order listed or…

2 Likes

With thanks to @Rupert.H for setting the challenge and @moose for suggesting doing 4 in one day in order to make it more of a challenge befitting Sufferlandrians, I just got my November challenge badge :slight_smile: A couple of rest days after Kitchen Sink, so felt like a good option.

I didn’t have a single 3.5 hours block available to do it Knighthood style, but managed to get Team Scream and The Model done back to back before breakfast and then Half is Easy and The Way Out late morning. First time I’ve managed a monthly challenge in 1 day and on the 1st of the month. All at 100% too.

Not sure I’ve got extra swag, but my legs don’t seem to be working quite as well as usual.
#morethanyou

22 Likes

That’s huge !! Super strong. The concept of doing anything at numbers only two days after kitchen sink is massive - all four even stronger :muscle::muscle:

2 Likes

The 4 workouts can be completed in any order (feel free to include extras if you inclined to suffering more…) and must be done on the same calendar day for a chance to win.

Congrats @ediblehedge who has already completed the challenge :clap::clap::clap:

14 Likes

I’ve been in a training funk for a few months. I’ll be using this challenge to get back in the saddle, literally.

I’m aiming to get my fitness to a level so I can take on all four back-to-back by the last week of the month - like a birthday gift to myself :grinning:

6 Likes

probably :grimacing:

2 Likes

I resemble that!
If I get an account (I’m not a yearly subscriber) before the end of this challenge I will complete this challenge and maybe, if I hit my head again, which would be the 9th concussion, I will PLAN(!) a Knighthood. Might have to ask you good Sir for a wee bit of help in that endevour.

4 Likes

@Rupert.H This is a great introduction to Sufferlandria. Once the neophytes cross the border, we’ll pull up the drawbridge and show them to the dungeon where additional delicacies await!

8 Likes

Same! Also my actual birthday is at the end of November, so a real birthday gift to myself*

(* bearing in mind that the word “gift” here in Germany mean “poison”)

4 Likes

I was going to ride all 4 in a single day, but since I [quote]“always win”[/quote] I wouldn’t want to rob @Glen.Coutts of the chance to win a monthly Sufferfest prize. After all, when I earn more decals this month I’ll already be riding The Model. #MoreThanYou #NoGifts #KnightTime

3 Likes

#4inadayistheonlyway

5 Likes

#10inadayistheway #plus3moreforgoodluck

3 Likes

Jeeeez
3-1/2 hours seems do-able though. It’s only 3-1/2 hours right? :sweat_smile:

Actually I think yoga isn’t that bad, but in no way I am saying 60 minutes is something I’d personally enjoy though. I have only been doing the 15 minutes yoga sessions.

2 Likes

Yeh. Abi von Agony. Yoga for people who hate yoga.

4 Likes

15 minutes of yoga is probably the most I could do. Then again, I know I am supposed do more of these kind of stretches, but it’s just me who doesn’t really want to. Haha

3 Likes

I used to take that attitude, then 25 years of tight quads and hamstrings from cycling coupled with a minor (and common) vertebra defect caused a sudden onset of disabling pain, and now I pretty much have to take 3 or 4 15 minute yoga or yoga-adjacent stretching breaks per day, or I won’t be walking upright (but I can still ride, that’s not painful!)

Take the stretching breaks, really. Especially after the rides. I knew it. I ignored it. I regret it.

5 Likes