⁉⁉ What are your Desert Island Workouts? ⁉⁉

I was totally wrong…you do need others. One other, actually.

The Model.

Can’t believe I forgot that. It’s just so really, really, really good looking.

Ok so I chose 6…come back to me when GvA can count.

6 Likes

Full Body 20 - need to keep my strength up for all the shelter building etc

1 Hour Yoga - a whole lotta core and stretching then a nice lie down

UCI Road - need a hill in my life

Thin Air - need more hills in my life

Kitchen Sink - covers everything!

6 Likes
  1. Revolver, is my all-time fave, a thumping soundtrack, and its such a simple workout, 15x1min on-off.
    2.Downward Spiral 2009 trying to beat Cancellera in Paris Roubaix what’s not to love about this workout. This time it’s on cobbles!
    3.Angels 2010, I loved racing against Contador, I couldn’t even tell you what the storyline of the new version is?
  2. Recharger, such fun, a blow away the cobwebs, makes it feel like a sunny day kind of workout.
  3. Nine Hammers, the workout that should have an introduction with a prediction from Clubber Lang, but I’ll do it just for fun.
3 Likes
  1. Angels
  2. Revolver
  3. Blender
  4. ISLAGIATT
    And a desert island sounds ideal for triathlon so 5. would be the original Chrysalis Suf workout and a dip in the sea to cool down after.
4 Likes
  1. Blender - just love blender
  2. The Chores - if I have an hour and need a good workout this is the one
  3. Mt Venteux Dénivelé challenge - beast of a ride and really enjoyed it, got fully immersed in it.
  4. The shovel - because sometimes it’s necessary
  5. Recharger - perhaps a controversial choice in this forum but when you just need to blow off the cobwebs, this does the trick.
3 Likes
  1. Angels
    was my first Sufferfest video, back in Download times 2013

2. GOAT
    because I love grinding up mountains at low cadence

3. Joyride
    because it’s “kurz und knackig” (perhaps maybe “short and hard” but no proper translation that really nails it) - the title says it all I guess

4. The Way Out
    because it inspired me to ride the Iseran and also it takes me back to so many places in the French Alps I’ve been to

5. Recharger
    to wind me up and bring a smile to my face when I need it

5 Likes

I’m still new here and there are a TON I have not done yet, but early favorite 5:

1. The Way Out - Love the slow grinding. Favorite so far.
  2. The Shovel - Brutal but fun.
  3. Full Frontal - Crazy, but I really enjoyed pushing my limits. And even on a desert Island, gotta see where you’re at!
  4. The Chores - Just did this one for the first time this morning, and it pushed me on some of my weak areas.
  5. Blender - Good variety.

2 Ideas brought to mind by this topic:
-It would be great to be able to mark certain workouts as “Favorites” and be able to filter by that.
-Would be great to also have a filter for all workouts you have/have not done.

8 Likes

Yes please @David.McQuillen.KoS !

3 Likes

In no particular order:

1. Team Scream
  2. Getting away with it
  3. Recharger
  4. There is no try
  5. Post workout cooldown yoga
1 Like

+2 (also, I think that’s a feature request)

3 Likes

Do you know if filtering by which workouts you have done or have not done is already a feature request also? Is there a place I can see or add feature requests?

1 Like

There’s a subcategory for Feature Requests, under SYSTM Software.

As Glen sad, I’m pretty sure this is on there. It used to be a feature before the move from SUF to Systm. Damn I hope they bring it back, and moreover I’d like to be able to order them, by # of times ridden.

In the meantime you can always go to Progress and click on the All Sufferfest badge. That shows you a list of things you have, and have not, ridden.

EDIT. I just checked the above to make sure I was correct in what I said. Dammit, I’m 58/59 of the Sufferfest rides…

4 Likes

I dont but I’d be surprised if it wasnt. Its been asked for since forever :slight_smile:

1 Like

you’ll Rue the Day you checked, lol!!

3 Likes

I certainly will. Especially as to complete the lot I’ll need to throw everything but the Kitchen Sink at it…

5 Likes

oooh boy. I was in that position a couple months ago. Nothing like badge-hunting to force me to finally do the Kitchen Sink – why the hell else would I do it? I actually did it on my birthday as a very special gift to myself :birthday: :nauseated_face:

this was part of my workout notes that day: “it was just so LONG. After 90 minutes I was still doing fine, at the 2-hour mark I couldn’t believe I still had an hour to go, and those final 23 minutes were just about hanging on for dear fucking life.”

But it’s worth it because once you do it, you never have to do it again! Best of luck.

6 Likes

Definitely, I think this might have been brought up before as a feature request and one of my top 3 navigation tweaks i’d love to see.

Angels - my first. First love.

The Chores - tough but that promise of ongoing rewards …

Team Scream - man, it hurts!

It Seemed Like Thin Air - feel such a huge sense of accomplishment after

Recharger - pick-me-up

(EDIT: Anyone know why I have a slice of cake after my name?? Or can only I see it?)

5 Likes

GvA tags those who show Couchlandrian tendencies. you should be worried :laughing:

2 Likes

Happy forum registration birthday. :birthday:

If you hover over the cake it says today is the anniversary of the day you joined

4 Likes