What’s next

Right epic TOS over what I need next in terms of challenges is,

• Yoga challenge

• weight loss - 12 months of various levels of lock down has caused havoc with the weight gain

What ya reckon peeps?

@PeterEire For me the immediate goal is getting back to off-season strength training which I put on pause during the tour. I believe there was a yoga challenge in May of last year so perhaps we will see that again soon.

2 Likes

I’m coming back from knee tendonitis after my KOS back in Nov. So, my goals are:

1 - continue getting back into shape, starting with the post-Tour plan, a new FF, and then getting stuck into a new training plan

2 - get back into running when the weather starts to warm back up

3 - weight loss to lose those holiday post-KOS, knee injury pounds

4 - build up to be tri/dua thlon ready by October

2 Likes

Been thinking quite a bit about goals. In the short term:

• finish an entire SUF strength program, doing 90%+ of the scheduled sessions (last year I sporadically did similar type of workouts, so what I really want here is the consistency)
  • build back up to ~20 miles a week running and hold there
  • as the weather warms up, incorporate more structured training outdoors

Looking further:

• do at least three cycling events this year (ideally a brevet, a duathlon, and a cyclocross race)

After wrapping up the post-tour plan and FF, I’m planning to start with all-purpose road w/ strength and added running sessions.

I don’t have specific events targeted yet and that’s the biggest area where external factors may still dominate.

1 Like