What the SUF? Update on The Sufferfest App (inc. Android)

FWIW, the Android question aside if you will, I believe the SUF app is worth every penny and more even if they changed absolutely nothing and just added a couple new SUF vids a year. I really don’t see any other platform offering what Wahoo/SUF offers for such a relative bargain.

I’ve been an annual subscriber for quite some time even though I rarely use the Cycling vids during our painfully short riding season here on the prairies in Canada.

All that said, I am also a Beta tester and can assure you there’s a lot to SUF love about it.

14 Likes

I’m sorta in the same boat as @Glen.Coutts . I primarily use Suff on a PC, that the trainer connects to - and do most of the yoga on my iPhone. So obviously the Android support question is not so personally relevant. The value was there for me, before the version that we’re using now. Some of the things I really appreciate are:

• Support is really good. The minions are responsive, funny. And actually read what you write. There are so many helpdesks these days where that just isn’t the case.
  • The workouts are good.

I’m not a beta tester. I’d like to be!

As for whether to release “now” or do more testing - I personally would prefer more testing, and a more stable system. I work in IT, and have to deal with the consequences every day of changes / updates that were pushed out without adequate testing (looking at you, cloud empires!). I’d take a delayed - but better quality release any day of the week. And yes - the comment about being willing to be a beta tester is at odds with this paragraph - but in this case - I’m prepared to make a conscious choice about it and own the decision. I’m not having a sub-standard system forced down my throat where I have no choice. Opting in as a tester means choosing to be a part of the process to make it better.

But… this has gone way off tangent… either way I hope it’s ready for release real soon. I have a couple of friends I’ve recommended SUFF too, who are Android users… who are suffering in the wrong way because there is no Android support :frowning:

9 Likes

@pb07 Same for me - the workouts are great and the variety is certainly there. I like the concept of 4DP and the plans have led to continued improvement for me. I am racing at my best this season and see room for even more gains. The yoga, strength and mental toughness videos are also great.

4 Likes

I’ll get an update posted here in a day or two guys. Promise. :slight_smile:

16 Likes

5 days later… :clock10: :zzz: :wink:

You must have missed…. Aug update on the SUF app (including Android)

4 Likes

You posted in a different location. No fair. :joy:

You win. :relaxed:

1 Like