Yoga for When You’re Under the Weather

Suggestion: a yoga session for days when you aren’t up to suffering.

Background: I got my C-19 booster yesterday; it’s hitting me pretty hard today. Still, I’d like to do something before using my Couchlandrian visa for the day. 15 minutes of light stretching, breathing exercises, and meditation would do the trick. Yes, there are sessions for each of these interests, but a single “gentle recovery” session would be most welcome.

3 Likes

There’s a whole plan for that. I’ve done it. It’s no joke!

10 Likes

Brilliant!

2 Likes

One of the best plans ever.

2 Likes

:smiley: PERFECT!

1 Like

Have been on that plan for years!

3 Likes

I’d just lie in a hot bath for 15 minutes. With a whiskey to sip on…strictly for medicinal purposes.

6 Likes

That’s gold!

1 Like

Along that same line, Bedtime Yoga would be a nice addition. I usually use Recovery Booster or Shake Off the Day, but I would love something slower, focused entirely on restorative/relaxation poses. Sometimes I want to pause the video and stay in child’s pose for a long while. I’m wondering if these might be the same. Sleep is so critical for recovery from whatever you’re recovering from - whether training, life stress or not feeling well. And when you’re too wired to sleep, relaxation is the next best thing.

2 Likes

I suggest you hop over to the Mental Toughness “workout” called Relaxing to Recover.

This is exactly designed to be done in bed. I use it frequently and can vouch for some of the best nights sleep I’ve ever had :+1:

3 Likes

@mhr518 Try Guided Meditation II in the yoga section or Relaxing to Recover in the MTP section. Those are actually good at any time to improve focus. The 3 minute breathing videos in the yoga section are also helpful.

1 Like