Yoga video speed error!

Hi. Just had to press pause during my morning yoga workout. When pleasing play again it plays like 3xnormal speed. Impossible to change without ending and restarting. Am I alone ?

3 Likes

Iā€™ve had this issue as well, I didnā€™t even hit pause and half way through it suddenly started playing at fast forward speed. Deleted and re-downloaded the video and it did the same. Uninstalled and reinstalled the app and I was able to watch the video through to the end but if I paused it played at silly speed when unpaused.

2 Likes

You are not alone. Okay his is unfortunately a thing. The other error you may encounter is a stutter in place of the super fast world speed effect. The minions are aware of this. @gpsjared is busy undertaking the matter to be rectified.

3 Likes

Hi all, thanks for flagging this one. We think there are two ā€˜common varietiesā€™ of this playback issue on iOS.

• They are most common when playing yoga/strength/MTP activities
  • The issues occur for both downloaded and streaming activities
  • Fast-forwarding or rewinding (AKA ā€œscrubbingā€) the workout will result in accelerated playback OR stuttering playback
    • Downloaded workouts will typically result in accelerated playback issues after scrubbing
    • Streamed workouts will typically result in stuttering playback issues after scrubbing
    • N.B.: The simple player doesnā€™t require you to pause the activity prior to scrubbing, so the issues can be triggered with or without pausing the activity

Do my notes accurately describe your experiences @Magnus_M72 @JGreengrass ?

3 Likes

Yes to all, canā€™t comment on streaming as no WiFi in the paincave.

1 Like

@gpsjared This might not be the main or only way that it can be reproduced but this seems to achieve the super fast forward every time:

• play a downloaded yoga video on an iPad
  • without pausing the video, mirror the display to an Apple TV
1 Like

Iā€™ll dig into this some more, and I happened to experience something similar yesterday. I connected my AirPods on my iPad using the ā€˜Control Centreā€™ (swipe down from top right). When I returned to the Mobility workout it was stuttering like a bad remix (streaming). It might be the act of interacting with anything - scrubbing, Control Centre, app switcherā€¦ - causes a ruckus.

Thanks for getting back to me @genolan @JGreengrass

PS - we canā€™t reliably reproduce this on the cycling player, but weā€™d be keen to know if you encounter it there too :beers:

1 Like

@genolan Good call, totally forgotten that I use a Lightning-HDMI adapter to play all my videos on a big screen from my iPhone and iPad.

@gpsjared Iā€™ll let you know if I get any playback problems on cycling videos, Iā€™ve got AVDP planned for tonight so might not noticeā€¦

1 Like

Half Is Easy went off without a hitch for me last night, Iā€™ll keep an eye out though. Prior to that, I ran into a death stutter with a new Mobility activity when I tried to rewind it in order to better understand a new exerciseā€¦ pain (and not the good kind)!

1 Like

This happened to me today on a yoga video that has been downloaded to my iPad for a couple of months. Had to stop the video and rewind, but it did it again.

Iā€™ve been having this issue a lot with downloaded yoga videos on my iPad for the last month. It doesnā€™t even always require a pause or scrub, sometimes just goes into super speed without any (apparent) trigger. Usually resolved by re-starting SYSTM (but not always), usually then resolved by deleting the vid and streaming instead. Bit of a pain though, canā€™t scrub forward to where I was up to (itā€™ll happen againā€¦) and have to redo the whole session. Interestingly it generally seems to be fine if I stream on my iPhone instead. Hopefully resolved soon.

Note: havenā€™t had any issue with cycling workouts.

1 Like

I have also experienced jerky/sped up yoga video recently - on diff iOS devices - and as streamed or previously (last year) downloaded. And although I did the session its now marked as yellow with an exclamation mark.

I have this on IOS for the Yoga sessions only. I try to pause/skip back all Yoga sessions because Iā€™m unfamiliar with the moves and the audio is too fast and confusing for a newbie with no coordination. This never works well though.

As soon as I pause/skip back then Iā€™ll get either stutter, hang, fast playback. It does not matter if its from a downloaded video or stream. The only way to resolve is to start the Yoga session from the beginning.

1 Like

Any estimated date for a fix for this?

It would also be great to have skip marks between exercises so that users can skip forward or backward easily.
This would allow users to skip back to hear instructions for an exercise again.
Skip back to deal with interruptions.
Skip forward to miss a yoga pose or strength exercise the user canā€™t do.
Or even skip back/ forward to repeat or miss an interval in a bike session.

2 Likes

No concrete ETA, sorry! Weā€™re building a new content player from the foundations on up, and all efforts are on that initiative.

2 Likes

Exciting! Could you create a User Story from my post above and put that on the backlog for the new app? :wink:

1 Like

I recently encountered this problem too. Was going to do a yoga session on an iOS device (havenā€™t done yoga in ages :grimacing:), and found it went into 10x speed. Needless to say, I struggled keeping up.

A bit of troubleshooting found that deleting the download an streaming the session instead did not help. Disconnecting my BT earplugs however, brought everything back to normal and I was able to do my yoga.

2 Likes

:100: %

1 Like

A problem since June 2022 that has not yet been fixed?

1 Like

@Heretic It is likely the workout player. They need to replace it. I believe it dates back to the Sufferfest platform.