Advice on using new shoes for FF

Hi everyone,

i got myself a new pair of shoes as my previous ones are at EOL! As I change from northwave to Fizik they do feel a bit different, I checked everything and my fit on bike is identical. However my body does identify the difference. I’ve been already riding several sessions with the new shoes, but wondering if I should take the FF test still with my old ones or the new ones? as my body seems to be still adapting, and a well known advice is never to go on a race with new/untried kit And FF is like a “race” as is an all out effort. any advice?

I would take the FF test with the shoes that you are going to use the most in your next training block.

3 Likes

I’d vote for Half Monty

Which ones look the best? That’s what’s important right?

3 Likes

I’d say use your new shoes for FF if that’s what you’re going to be using from now on. As long as they’re feeling comfortable and well set up, and you’re not risking injury.

FF is an all out effort, just like a race, but one difference is that if FF doesn’t go well for some reason, you can repeat it in the not-too-distant future, but if a race doesn’t go well, then you don’t get to redo it.

1 Like

I indeed went on and used the new shoes! All went well. Though FF results a bit disappointing as improvements were less than halfway through my training plan. But still happy and shoes are “broken in” :wink:

1 Like