All feedback welcome!

What if the rider went off course, had to turn around and chase back the peloton? Would you like that scenario ?

2 Likes

I’ve a funny feeling this came about because when I was doing the 9 Hammers last night it happened to Cadel Evans of BMC one rider stopped his bike was no use then another stopped and I think they swapped wheels and either 2/3 of them then had to try to get him back up to the front, weird that.

I remember that happening this year three times one where one rider went up someone’s driveway lol and another where about 6/8 of them took the wrong turn, in fact I remember it happened to Remco Evenepoel not so long ago on one of the stage races I think mighta been the Benelux Tour where it looked like a comedy clip everyone turned right and he kept going straight on. I think @Francois-Wahoo if your chasing to get back up to the pack it wouldn’t matter if it was a mechanical a flat or a wrong turn

How about a little more liberal use of the Pro’s power HUD?

I want to know how much more I need to kick my A to get sort of semi amateur far from pro🤣

Demoralization fuels my hate fire.

1 Like

Add the option to hear music instead race sounds. The music in the Sufferfest is motivating and interesting.

1 Like

I have only ridden three of these, but in all cases I would like a longer warmup. I’ll use igniter next time I ride one, but I would prefer 15 -20 minutes like igniter embedded in these rides.

@wmalexmann In addition to Ignitor, look in the NoVid section - there are 10, 20, 25 and 30 minute warmups there that are great. If you need video, any of those workouts can be sent to RGT using the browser extension tool to get the .fit file and then sending the workout to workouts@grtcycling.com and then it will permanently be in your workout library.

https://support.wahoofitness.com/hc/en-us/articles/4855679964690-Workouts

1 Like

So, I just did my first ProRide on Systm. And I loved it :smile: I did the “Tour de Suisse Women 3”…

I have been struggling a bit with motivation on indoor rides. It’s just not fun to sit on a trainer … normally. But honestly, today I did over 2 hours at a pretty decent intensity and had fun - I almost forgot I was doing a workout on my trainer :rofl:

I hope all of the ProRides are this good at catching my attention and making me feel like I’m in a race, because it worked wonders for me today. And I really did feel like I was in a race to the point where I caught myself shouting encouragement at “my” rider when she was getting dropped. Good thing I was home alone :blush:

Looking forward to checking out more of these - I’m already trying to find workouts in my plan that can be substituted…

5 Likes

@cjensen They definitely are.

@cjensen I generally schedule them on one day of the weekend and then go with a Z2 ride the other day and follow that with a rest day. Most of them are rated 4 or 5 for FTP so they can replace workouts like Angles, Attacker, Blender, etc. but be sure to try to match the MAP ratings as well - some are more intense than others. Also if you have a “Send It” type ride on your plan a ProRide works well in its place.

1 Like

Today I tried ProRide for the first time. It was the Giro Donne 1. Absolutely amazing, I enjoyed it thoroughly. Lenght was great at 2h10m, very immersive, effort was spot on and I finished very tired, but made it to the end.

The only thing that actually bothered me was the quality of the video. Even for a 720p, it’s way too compressed. I use a 50" screen to ride and the quality is really bad. On Youtube we can easily find gorgeous 4k riding videos (gopros are technology marvels)… I see no reason why it couldn’t be just as good on Wahoo. This applies to all Wahoo content to be honest.

I’m totally aware that higher resolutions mean more data, bigger bandwidth etc. And I definitely have no idea how much does it cost to send 2gb (or 20gb) of video to a given user. Still I think there’s room for something new here.

I intend to post at this forum all my opinions about Wahoo SYSTM soon, but I’ll anticipate this idea: if higher resolution videos are being held back by streaming cost, you guys could give users the option to watch maybe 2 or 3 relevant ads (Shimano, Canondale, Trek, Specialized etc.) before the workout in order to unlock, say, 4k download. Also, 60 fps would make an INSANE difference, believe me. The insanely hard part of the problem was solved already - gopros (and similar brands) can work miracles and make spectacular videos at 4k 60fps. Now is the time to take this quality all the way to the end user. I really think this could be the next huge step up for Wahoo in user experience.

1 Like