I mainly ride but I do also run and I find it difficult to incorporate runs when I’m following a cycling plan that is already tailored with specific days of efforts and days of rest. I see that there is a multi sport plan that incorporate swimming as well, but I don’t swim. How do you guys deal with that? Any future plans combining cycling and running?
To overcome this I just setup a multisport plan and deleted the swimming.
In the same boat. Haven’t found any plans that are tailored to this. I think it really depends how your body responds to the various types of training stress.
My take - If you consider your runs to be “hard” then you might consider doing a cycling plan and replacing one of the hard workouts with a run. Alternatively if your runs are easy/endurance then swap out one of the endurance rides for a run.
Hoping for a cycling plan with an optional “cross training day” or two in the future.
I would agree with this, but make one modification. Delete the swimming and sub in either a ride or run as fits best for you. I used this approach in the past when I didn’t have access to a pool. I wanted more bike time so I removed the swim and added a ride 80% of the time. The other 20% were an added run or a little more off time.
I agree with this but with a possible modification of, if you haven’t included strength and yoga in your multisport plan, substituting these instead of the swimming, rather than more cycling or running.
Depends a little on your goals, of course.