Buffering on a downloaded video

Was doing the “butter” session and the second set buffered all the way through despite it being downloaded. Never happened before. Was a real mental test to get through it mostly on feel and the numbers seemed ok at the end so yay. But why would this happen? Anything i can do to fix it?

1 Like

The best thing you could do with this is contact the minions so they can look into it for you.

3 Likes

I had the same issue recently.

1 Like

I’ve had that issue before off my PC and realised it happened if it was not charging and battery was below 50%.
Well done on getting through, agree it can be super frustrating.

3 Likes

Buffering on a downloaded video is frustrating. It’s often caused by interference of some sort. Please send us an email at theminions@thesufferfest.com and we can look into this for you.

3 Likes

Donezo

2 Likes

Just to add I find this if the battery gets low (even though I have my Win10 laptop to be high performance at all times) or if Windows starts downloading updates (not installing, just downloading ready to install). I’d say it was a feature of the OS rather than a Suf app issue (for me, at least).

1 Like

Have had this happening to me too. On the work laptop (i7 CPU and 16GB of RAM)
Really annoying, especially because the hardware is more then capable.

Since I got tiered of hauling the latop around, I repurposed an old HTPC computer (Celeron CPU, Nvidia ION chipset, 4GB RAM, Win10, SSD) and no more buffering (even on streamed workouts)

So strange that an old, dedicated, PC works better then a new laptop (with company policies on it)

1 Like

I don’t find it strange that a company laptop will perform relatively poorly at all. Mine is so restrictive there was a joke going around the office that the IT dept was trying to get everybody laid off through performance reduction!

1 Like

For most things it’s just fine (although I use Virtual Machines for just about anything to get by the Company policies)

1 Like

updating the app did it for me. works fine now.
only other time it gets stuck is if the laptop is over heating

I keep buffering on a laptop with an i3 and 8GB RAM. Everything played fine on my daughter’s fist-generation iPad Pro, but she’s headed off to college and I don’t have anything else without work policies handy. Anyone got any tips for tuning the laptop?

I had this happen today. Halfway through the (downloaded) video I got the buffering alert. The power, cadence, HR number, and time all froze too. Previously when even using a streamed video the buffering did not freeze the data.