Customised Training Plans

I have been looking at the customised training plans. What isn’t clear to me is how these plans are loaded into SUF. It says that the personalised plan is added to Training Peaks, but there doesn’t seem to be an option to import it from there into the app. Am I missing something?

3 Likes

Right now they are only available on your training peaks account. It‘s not possible to integrate with the SUF calendar.
To my knowledge, they are working on this feature.

This has something to do with the timeline of the feature release. They offered customized plans before there even was a calendar.

I am waiting for this, too. And I am crossing my fingers that the implementation will be awesome.

3 Likes

If you choose a customised plan can you import it into the app so you do the workout (having SUF control the trainer)

1 Like

Well, there is no import feature at the moment.

You have to go into the training peaks app and look up the schedule for the day, first. Then, you go into the SUF app and start the video from the list where you find all videos. If you need to adjust the percentages of the 4DP based on the coaches notes, you will have to do it manually inside the workout.

It‘s not as convenient but pretty doable. :slight_smile:

Afterwards SUF can sync the finished workout back to training peaks.

1 Like

Ah gotcha, I thought the individual workouts were customised. But the training plan is customised using the stock workouts. Makes sense now.

1 Like

Correct. :slight_smile:

There is still plenty of customization happening. But the workouts remain the same beloved SUF Videos.

2 Likes

And of course you get time with one of the coaches at the start (or during if you take that option). That’s the best bit of it for me I think as they have so much experience of what works for people who might be similar to us and so on

3 Likes

@gmclachl @Martin I second the call with a coach should not be overlooked. I can spend hours reading training blogs and still have questions about how it applies to me. Having someone to discuss questions with and have confidence in the answers was the best part. Especially if you are newer to formal training.

5 Likes

I do like the fact that the customized plan is delivered to Trainingpeaks. I have learned to make sense of their graphs and stats and I’m able to draw some pretty interesting feedback from it. It’s an awesome tool.

3 Likes

Hey guys,
Thanks for big-ups about our customised plan and right now unfortunately we are not able to import your plan into the app so we post it on TrainingPeaks for you and then you can complete the workouts in our app. It is something we are currently working on though and hope to have this feature available for you soon.

Here is a recap of our SUFCoaching service:
We offer basic or advanced plans for both Cycling and Multisport. The main difference is that on a basic plan you only talk to your coach once before your plan is put together and on an advanced plan you get a follow-up call (we recommend having this in week 6) to check-in on how your plan is going and make any necessary adjustments to the remainder of your plan. If you are working towards a long term goal, we recommend the advanced option so you have more regular interactions with your coach. It also helps when coming to renewal as you also complete a bi-weekly form with your training notes so your coach will have up to date information.

If you would like to go with a customised plan, here is what you can expect:

1. Purchase your chosen plan from our webpage
  2. Look out for a confirmation email from suf.coaching@wahoofitness.com. This contains a link to your initial questionnaire so the coaching team can find out more about you and your goals.
  3. Once you have submitted your form, our coaching coordinator will allocate you a coach and send you a link to book your call directly with them.
  4. Have your 30 minute interview call with your coach to discuss your goal and agree on a plan and start date.
  5. Your coach will then go and write up your plan on the TrainingPeaks platform and have it set to go on your agreed start date.
  6. Start your plan and achieve your goal!
11 Likes

Thanks for all the responses. I will likely finish off the 12 week program which includes a 4DP, then go for a custom training plan

3 Likes

I just finished a customized plan with the final FF yesterday (it hurt like hell, but I kind of like FF). I can confirm all the logistics work as described & coach was helpful. In my case I didn’t get any significant gains (2% on ftp I think, within measurements error) but the actual process stuff worked just fine.

3 Likes

Be sure to give it a go. I have found the entire experience–I am on my 2nd plan–rather fun and definitely productive. You feel the changes (physical and mental) as the plans progress (physically and mentally) even before re-testing. To me that is the cool part. I saw increases of about 14% in my metrics the first time through. I would be willing to pay more to get more feedback compared to what is currently offered but you definitely get your money’s worth with the current offering.

5 Likes

14% … now that is super impressive. Nice.

1 Like

Hi fellow Sufferlandrians! I’ve done the Mental (x1), Strength 1 (x2), Strength 2 (x1), FTP (x1), AC (x1), MAP (x3) blocks, metric century (x1), and the 200 mile gravel plans (x1) and a shit ton of yoga in my short tenure with Suf and decided to go custom this year.

Got paired with @Coach.Spencer.R who set me up with a great program. Being older I wanted more strength training for bone density, yoga to keep the injuries at bay, and a mix of all SYSTM workouts. …And I need a competitive Saturday group ride to hone the skills figured into the training load. Had a great meeting with Spencer who listened to all of my ramblings and then distilled it all into a kickass plan that I can’t wait to start.

For those considering custom plans - my recommendation is to have clearly defined goals. SMART goals (see Mental Toughness sessions). Also know you’re schedule. And, know what you can commit to, time wise, for 12weeks. The coaches will handle the rest!

Finally, if you’ve looked for coaching elsewhere, you’ll see that SYSTM is a tremendous value.

Finally, finally. A lot of us are here because we’re Sufferlandrians. We bought in. The transition to SYSTM has been bumpy, but we are in the right place. This is our home. Let’s go smash some intervals!

3 Likes

The individual workouts are customized to your 4DP. That’s the strength IMO. Better than the FTP based plans? If it’s good enough for Rohan Dennis and Ian Boswell, it’s good enough for me.

3 Likes

I am in full agreement on the custom plans. I recently completed my sixth custom plan in preparation for a hilly gran fondo. I too have been paired with @Coach.Spencer.R since my first custom plan in 2019. The combo of cycling, strength and yoga has been pretty unbeatable. My 4DP metrics were all up 12-14% after the first 12-week training plan. The stock plans are great but you cannot beat having the plan tailored to your specific needs. Having the coaching calls alone is worth the investment. I am breaking Strava PRs I set 10 years ago. A pleasant surprise.

I have been pleased with The Sufferfest since I started ordering videos on CDs years ago. SYSTM just makes it even better.

7 Likes

Wow. 12-14% that’s fantastic! Chapeau!”.

1 Like

where do you find access to custom training plans? I am not finding it

My recollection is that they aren’t offering custom plans anymore as a standard service, but you can schedule a call with a coach to get custom advice. You can find that by clicking on “More” from the SYSTM app. I costs $65.

1 Like