Elemnt roam V1 display problem

While on turbo training my speed and distance diplay switched to values approx. 1/3 the correct value i.e. 15.01mph to 5.6mph and has been such ever since. I have performed a direct comparison with my garmin explore and the sensor is working perfectly. I hve rebooted, changed sesor battery, performed a factory reset, repaired the sensor and sternly shouted at it and nothing has worked, have tried wahoo help line and found it usless. Can anyone help?
I compared speeds 10mph 15mph and 20mph all the same ratio.

The wheel sensor measures wheel rpm not speed, the head unit uses rpm in conjunction with a wheel circumference to calculate speed.

Have you checked the wheel circumference setting on your ROAM?

How to set wheel circumference for a Speed or Speed/Cadence Sensor in the Wahoo or ELEMNT App – Wahoo Fitness Support

1 Like

Hi jGreengrass thanks for replying.
I always had that to do with the old magnetic sensor, but i cannot find a way to do that either on the roam or the elemnt app.[quote=“JGreengrass, post:2, topic:24505, full:true”]
The wheel sensor measures wheel rpm not speed, the head unit uses rpm in conjunction with a wheel circumference to calculate speed.

Have you checked the wheel circumference setting on your ROAM?

How to set wheel circumference for a Speed or Speed/Cadence Sensor in the Wahoo or ELEMNT App – Wahoo Fitness Support
[/quote]

I use my Roam V1 for hiking as well as cycling.
I find the Roam constantly stops and starts logging if i travel too slowly, i believe the logging intervals may be too coarse for walking and the Roam thinks i have stopped. The result is that total distance can under record by upto 5% around 1 mile in 20 miles. Is there some way of defaulting too hiking mode prior too starting trip, i know this can be edited after uploading.

It’s not designed for hiking. Try turning off auto pause when hiking as a hack to keep it recording despite the slower speed of hiking. Also bear in mind, hiking in canyons or forest will severely obstruct the GPS, and your hike record won’t be accurate anyway.

1 Like

Good point, that seems logical now.
Loosing satnav is quite normal for all this type of device I find the garmin of my devices irritatingly bad.
Thanks for the advice!!