Inaccurate Full Frontal Results?

In my random (obsessive) analysis of my Full Frontal Results yesterday, I noticed a few power drops. I actually recorded the test on my head unit as well, and see great differences in power output.

I used a crafty side by side screenshot technique to show this. (Left head unit, right SYSTM).

Using DC Rainmakers Analyzer - I see drops through the entire ride.

I made the comparison public:


  1. How to eliminate drops?
  2. How can I use the head unit data?

Apparently since I am the new kid on the block, I can’t add 2 pics - but this is the 20 minute effort which CLEARLY shows drops.

TrainingPeaks, Golden cheetah (others?) will allow you to edit your files to fix dropouts or spikes.Then take the new averages and manually adjust your 4DP.

If you use ERG mode on your trainer, you’ll need to use your trainer as power & control to train with. Or you could try to set power matching in your trainer’s app (Wahoo app not systm for example) if you want to use your power meter.

1 Like

I have multiple tools - but don’t know the “equation” for 4dp? Is it simply 5s, 1m, 5m, 20m power?

Average of max power for each interval, no adjustments.


Okay, that’s way easier, all that crap I read on the screen while suffering made it seem like there was “magic” :slight_smile:

The “magic” comes into play when interpreting your 4DP results into rider type, strengths and weaknesses.

I don’t think the dropouts would change those, unless the fixes alter the ratios between the different intervals significantly.


Based on my analysis, (and the power curve of the 2 files put side to side, I agree with you. They were all off by a similar percentage (not the 5s… but hard to drop TOO much in 5 seconds.).

Working that hard and getting REALLY depressing results kinda sucks, realizing your results were far closer to what you expected - good news.

Thank you for your help! I’m adjusted…