Just finished FF and

… firstly, WOW! Secondly, is it me or do other people find FF, maybe not easier exactly but definitely more enjoyable that HM?

I was dreading it following the ToS but I just finished and quite enjoyed it (or maybe it’s just relief that it’s over?)

The results look pretty good too and much closer to reality than HM which I found were either 1) demoralising ambitious or 2) insultingly easy, operator error, I assume but still…

All in all, very impressed.

5 Likes

If you enjoyed it, you either weren’t going hard enough, or you are a true masochist and are ready for a knighthood challenge.

7 Likes

[Announcer Voice] No one, in fact, has ever said this.

+1

:wink:

8 Likes

So, just me…? Yes?

I was reading another thread earlier that I now can’t find and someone said the ramp in HM was psychologically harder for them as they didn’t know how long it was going to go on for and I think I’d +1 that.

Takes all sorts, eh?

2 Likes

Most definitely. We all have our own special version of crazy.

:+1:t2:

2 Likes

As I’ve said in other threads, I like doing the 7 day test plan that includes a HM 3 days in and a FF on day 7. The HM sets the recommended power levels for the FF, which I do in level mode and control with cadence trying to stay just above and never drop below the recommended level. This is killer, and it’s a very solid week of workouts to boot.

2 Likes

You are not alone. I dread Half Monty and would rather do FF.

1 Like

Definitely more enjoyable in that my mind is engaged with video and good music, but the FF is a hell of a lot harder than HM, IMO.

4 Likes

Yeah. I realize there’s an psychological factor, but IME FF is excruciating for far longer than HM. I get done with a HM and think, “Boy, that hurt.” I get done with the FF and can’t think.

8 Likes

That’s what I was trying to say, but sound cool in basically saying “at least there’s a video and the music is good” for the FF. It’s the hardest video on the entire platform IMO. brutal

3 Likes

There’s music and a video? I completed FF a couple of hours ago, and I think I only saw a few instructions on screen, the inside of my eyelids, and my stem. Lots of stem. 🫣:dizzy_face::face_with_spiral_eyes::face_exhaling:
And I’m not sure my ears were functional….

Rob

8 Likes

…then YOU, sir, did it correctly. Brava.

:smirk:

8 Likes

:rocket::rocket::rocket:

2 Likes

Very true. What was I thinking when I opened my mouth???

“… firstly, WOW! Secondly, is it me or do other people find FF, maybe not easier exactly but definitely more enjoyable that HM?”

Maybe you ? it’s definitely not me… :wink:

1 Like

congrats @NickyLeary ! Sounds like ToS raised the bar on your ability to go deep and suffer!

Keep on keepin’ on!

1 Like

There’s music??? How do you hear it over all of the screaming, agony, and vomiting?

3 Likes