Le Tour at home with SYSTM?

When I first started riding with Sufferfest many years ago, there were ride profiles that provided a lot of good info. So they had much of what you are looking for, but apparently abandoned it!

2 Likes

I remember same. That’s what I was thinking when I posted. Don’t make me work, guys! Throw a tag on the workout page with “2018 Tour de Suisse” or something, like we used to have.

3 Likes

Yes! I miss having those references.

Hahaha let’s go! :muscle:t3:

Best regards,
Darren W.C. Kam

—Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android—

@CPT_A Looks like there now is a badge related to the TDF:

6 Likes

So I am going to modify my Tour de Home yet again.

4 Likes

Same.

1 Like

Way to save it for the last minute, GvA.

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

4 Likes

Still did my ITT. Want to do the Strava segment now too!

:1st_place_medal::1st_place_medal::1st_place_medal:

Yes, I realised this too, July is going to be intense!

For the Tour de Femmes I’m going to use videos from this list List of training videos featuring women's cycling

I love everyone’s ideas and the many ways people are going to ‘participate’ to suit their own training needs.

I’ve updated my plan to account for the new badge in yellow

, and added my Tour de Femmes plan using videos featuring women’s cycling. the 24th of July is going to be a killer …

happy suffering, everyone!

7 Likes

I updated my schedule to accommodate the new badge. Then I filled in with rides I have not done yet with similar time and intensity as those suggested here. I do still have a few days open which I am going to fill in with RGT Magic Roads. I have found quite a few thanks to the resources offered here on this forum. I will post it later this weekend with the MR codes if anyone is interested.

3 Likes

Anyone know if we can do Strava segments with magic roads in RGT? Having seen that Strava is a sponsor, and that they’re posting segments on stages, I would love to try some segments and see how bd I am by comparison.

I was planning to RGT the Stelvio on Alpe d Huez day…

Here is my TdH schedule. The cells in pink are for 2 rides back-to-back. The blue text are the rides required for the badge, and the red text are rides being done on RGT.

3 Likes

Thanks @rinaf! This is definitely a solid list which you have put together and I will be adding these rides onto my calendar and start it off with Stage 4 straight away since I have missed the first 3 days due to work.

1 Like

to anyone who is using the schedule I put together … I’m sorry about ISLTA :nauseated_face: to make sure i can do Massif de l’Esterel tomorrow before the next rest day, I did it at 95% for the first half and 90% for the second, completely ignored the standing commands, and I still needed a couple short breaks. I think that was the longest hard ride on the list, at least! Hope you came out alive.

2 Likes

Actually I loaded the entire plan onto my SYSTM calendar and was on it since last Tuesday. ISLTA, was brutal, and what’s more brutal was, I did the whole thing in the afternoon at 100%. I almost gave up with about 20 minutes to go.

1 Like

Im in Australia, using local broadcaster SBS, they have “SBS on Demand”, streaming either the full segment, a long highlight or a short (52m) highlight segment every day. Great coverage!!

2 Likes

With superb commentary!

How is everyone doing? I’m VERY relieved to be past the halfway mark (approx 60% in terms of scheduled hours on the trainer). I’m done some juggling of the original plan to work around some of the hottest days the UK has every seen and to work around some job constraints, but still ticking along!

I’m definitely seeing my fatigue creep up (and my max HR creep down), but it will feel amazing when I get through the month, and then I will get to have a week of gentle recovery rides and then MAYBE a 4DP test if I’m brave enough.

for those for those taking it through the TdF, good luck, the end is in sight! for those of you holding on all the way through the TdF Femmes – I’ll see you on the other side (probably in an ice bath).

2 Likes