Meet your Minions - Dame Janis

Some of you may recognize me as the frightened/puzzled face of the Sufferfest Training Plans! I discovered the Sufferfest in 2014 and joined SUF as a part time minion in 2019. I’ve done 6 Tours and in 2016 I was lucky enough to win one of the Tour prizes- my Stages SC3 bike. I’ve been a knight since 2016. I’m also a full time physician assistant at a multi specialty medical practice in Portland Oregon. I live with my husband and 3 sons southeast of Portland. There are still fires burning not far from us but fortunately we did not have to evacuate. I had my bike packed in case :wink:

Fun facts about me: I’m a wealth of useless information - mostly 80s song lyrics. I may live in the US but I’m Canadian through and through and I’m a devoted hockey fan. I might also be the shortest (!) knight

My favorite SUF workout: I think I’ve done Angels more than any other session but I also love Blender. It almost kills you and then doesn’t. Mike Cotty’s speech at the end of TGTTOS is an all time favorite

Favorite SUF song: Goodnight California

My 4DP rider type: Sprinter with Sustained weakness. I know, it cracks me up too

My favorite SUF moments: Women’s SUF camp 2019 was a highlight and there are too many classic ToS moments to mention. I’ve also been lucky enough to meet and ride and race with many knights both locally and abroad.

What keeps me in SUF? The SUF community! It has been so much fun to be a part of the growth of the Sufferfest. We do good things together and there are exciting times ahead! (edited)

27 Likes

2014, clearly THE year to join Sufferlandria :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Great bio, Dame @janis.denning! Thank you for sharing, and thank you for being so awesome :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Love it! Thank you so much for your dedication and hard work, Janis.

3 Likes

You’re so awesome, Dame Janis! We Tough Love you. I bet you know a few SUF music lyrics as well. Which is totally not useless information.

5 Likes