More comfy in the drops thanks to yoga?

Thank you Alex. That is so fantastic to hear. Just those 15 minutes a day do really make all the difference!

2 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome to hear the tangible benefits that you are experiencing in terms of posture, power and endurance. Your consistency and body awareness is paying off!

2 Likes

Hello Santiago,
sorry for the late reply - took me a while to find it again :slight_smile:

All of The Sufferfest training plans, including Yoga, are available for free at FinalSurge, here is the link. I canā€™t find where did I print it out from thouā€¦

Hope it helps a little!
Cheers
Alex

1 Like

I was only discussing this with my partner this morning - I have been doing the Yoga sessions over the last four weeks and my flexibility and reduction in back pain has improved markedly ( I actually got into a full squat this morning). I am 56 and had a full left hip replacement last year, so flexibility is important and its actually getting better. A good thing with the App is we can also both do them together. I like the 15 min format as well. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thereā€™s one thing I still canā€™t figure out. Obviously, as shown in the Elements of style vid, maintaining shape on the bike is essential (strong core, straight back, relaxed shouldersā€¦). But what about the abdomen ? Diaphragmatic breathing requires you to let it expand but as the same time, you have to keep you abs engaged to provide your legs with a strong fondation. Isnā€™t it the opposite ?

1 Like

Iā€™ve been wondering about this apparent contradiction myself. Be interesting to know the answer.

2 Likes

Completely echo all of the comments on this thread. Approaching 1 year of yoga every day and upped up to 30-45 minutes per day and it has made dramatic improvements to my cycling ability but also physiologically and mentally.

About 3 years ago I had a bike fit and there was a slight difference in leg length - this time round there was no such imbalance which I put down to pelvis realignment due to consistent yoga and better posture. It has also helped keep weight off.

Tank you @abicarver - would never have believed such a short amount of yoga could make such a difference. But it really does!

3 Likes

That is fantastic to hear! Thank you. Your discipline and consistency are paying off!

1 Like