Multi-day touring training plan

I’m looking to do consecutive days of 80 - 120 km in the summer. Is there off-the-shelf programs to get prepared or should I invest in a personal plan?

1 Like

Hey @Calvin_Crawford,
I think it ultimately depends on whether you feel capable of making workout swaps in your training plan or would prefer to have a coach do it for you. The stock plans for the long distance events such as the Full Century, Gran Fondo and Gravel Grinders are all utilize indoor sessions during the week and outdoor rides on the weekends. If you’ll be training through the winter and can’t or don’t want to do long outdoor rides on the weekends, then you’ll need to swap those workouts for indoor options. Some of them can be done indoors with a corresponding NoVid, but it may still be best to get a coach’s expertise on making changes. Riding indoor generally comes with a higher stress load than outdoor, so if you were to simply perform the outdoor rides indoors, you may end up accumulating too much fatigue. So really, it depends on your personal preferences for riding outdoors and comfort level in making modifications to the plan as necessary.

1 Like