NEW in the SUF App: Our 'INSPIRATION' category

These really meet a need in the Sufferfest library. Did the workouts scheduled for me in my current Plan and then added a Wolfpack Tour of Columbia. More miles = more smiles for sure!

3 Likes

Are “Drills” going to be added?I see the selection for it but no videos yet. It would be great to be able to chose between the “No-Vid” Cadence Drills and being able to watch Mike Cotty ride some nice scenery while doing Cadence Drills.

Sufferlandiands do not give up :slight_smile: I’ve tried to download it again and finally I’ve got it on my hdd. I will run it again without interruptions.

M.

2 Likes

Many thanks. Did Chasing Legends today and it was brilliant. In fact I felt I wasn’t pulling my weight in comparison so next time maybe dial up to 110%?!

1 Like

Fortunately just started new plan, general road plan, which I chose as mainly riding indoors. Good to have videos. Though might just miss my Yes music as a prog rock listener.

Did chase legends, but could not catch them. Great ride and video. Awesome documentary about the tour and nice insight into a pro team. Suffing good!

Hi…I am one week ahead of you in that plan and just did the same transition to the “new plan”. Def not the same intensity I was working at and I certainly don’t feel like I will be building like I was. Have you figured out a solution or heard back about your post

No I haven’t. I have calculated the weekly TSS moving forward and it certainly isn’t ramping at the same rate or peaking anywhere near. I finished week 5 after switching plan on the Friday and I got 453 TSS. After this week (rest week) the next 2 build weeks are both below 370. Doesn’t make sense to me. Progression is a key principle behind these plans and if I can handle the training load from before decreasing it now is not going to be productive? I will finish this week do the HM test and then reapply a new plan, perhaps advanced all purpose with the same end date.

Thanks for the reply. I totally agree with your thinking on this. I actually sent them a query through the website …I’ll let you know if I hear back on that.
I’m due for half-Monty right after Christmas so I’ll stick with it until then…I sort of remember what was planned before then so might wing the next week. Then start “new” right after…thanks for that suggestion

Loving the new Inspiration category! I did the Kayabike this morning and it was an absolutely awesome story, heart warming and “inspiring”. A wonderfully great way to spend 45 minutes just spinning along. I have always enjoyed the Michael Cotty sessions and his Across the Mountains is awesome. Can’t wait to sit on my bike and watch more. What a great idea the minions had coming up with this series. So happy you have also added them to the training plans. Thank you!

1 Like

It’s great to have more variety in the recovery section!
But I would love it if subtitles were available on all videos. I really struggle to understand what is said :frowning:

Agree. Watching on iPad with fans going, etc. can’t hear at max volume

Yep, we are going to work on this - will take a couple months but we will roll subtitles out across most, if not all, films.

4 Likes

Putting this here instead of Facebook :slight_smile:

I’m relatively new to Sufferfest.
I did the Transition Up plan in November/December, and I’m just starting the All-Purpose Road plan this week.
My workout today was The Holy Week.
Now, maybe I’m not the target audience for Sufferfest, but I found the video in the workout to be a bit boring - for me. I’m not trying to start a fight or anything.

I know you guys put your heart and soul into the platform, but not all of us are on here just to do racing after the winter, and watch racing all the time. I’m doing this instead of alpine skiing this winter because of covid.

Are there equivalent workouts we can do to replace these new releases?
Watching guys talk on the bus with my trainer’s fan making noise is just not enjoyable.
I’d much rather do something like The Way Out where I’m out in the mountains.
I’m supposed to do Half the Road tomorrow and it looks like it’s more interviews for 2 hours.
I find it hard to stay motivated watching talking heads I don’t understand because of ambient noise.

Any suggestions? What were the workouts used for this training plan before these were released?

No fight here, we all have our preferences for what entertainment we like on for these sessions.

If the description doesn’t sound like it works for you, you can turn it off and let the training session run its course like a novid workout. Then switch to compact player and turn netflix/youtube or whatever works for you.

From a workout perspective I’d stick to the session in the plan (or maybe an Open session of the right volume if easier) as they fit the profile of what’s needed for that week or block. You could switch in The Way Out i guess, but that runs the risk of getting boring quickly as well, due to the ‘easier’ sessions being essential in a structured plan. It’s also not an ‘easy’ session in that you should be going above z2 pressure / heart rate. You can’t beat the crap and PB each and every session, dial it back a little where necessary and work towards the bigger goal.

Thanks. I didn’t mean substituting the Way Out for every inspiration workout - it’s just the style of video I like best. So I was asking, before the plans had these inspirations workouts, what were the equivalent workouts used? Or were the endurance workouts without video before? Is there a way to pick a different workout with the same benefits/characteristics?
All the Endurance workouts seem to be inspiration videos.
I see TSS and IF in the workout list, but I have to find information on these as I don’t even know what they are :slight_smile: (edit: found a link and will read up on those)

My understanding is before the inspiration videos it was normal videos at a reduced intensity. The coaches or minions might give you a better idea of what workouts and how much to reduce the intensity of each 4dp metric!!

1 Like

You are correct - generally in the range of 50 to 60% of FTP with some other reductions to NM, AC and MAP depending on the specific workout.

Just finished A Dog’s Life 2. Excellent video. Amazing footage of mountain biking on ski slopes and in the forest. :fist_right: :fist_left:

I very nearly fell off the rollers a couple of times with the on-board footage, particularly when one of the riders fell on the ski slope! The drone footage was challenging to balance through as well. Lucky I’m only using a 13" laptop screen - if I had a big monitor or TV, I think I would definitely be falling. :smiley:

4 Likes

I just did ‘Across The Mountains’. Very inspirational video! Only the volume of Mike’s voice when he’s on the bike is a bit too low (also relatively to the other sounds), so sometimes I had trouble hearing what he was saying… I don’t know if it’s possible to edit this, but otherwise subtitles would also help. Other than that, great video though! :+1: