NEW in the SUF App: Our 'INSPIRATION' category

Rising From Ashes.
It was new for me to have these types of emotional/mental responses while riding. This one caught me off guard - I was struggling for how I should feel.
I am grateful for this new category of workouts. You’ve added a new dimension to the experience.
Thank you!

1 Like

This morning I “binge rode” all 5 episodes of ‘Earth Cycling - Nothern Europe’ back to back. Very cool and inspiring videos!

1 Like

Watched/rode ‘Half the Road’. Really good documentary and an eye-opener. Was expecting a woke snooze-fest, but it was spot on.

Especially liked the perfect timing of the brake screeching noise with Pat McQuaid’s picture appearing on screen as the power target dropped. What a gravy-train riding waste-of-space that guy is.

You could always do those ‘lighter’ workouts by using the miniplayer so you can watch netflix while keeping tabs of the interval.

I do that for some of the ‘fun’ videos too when I’m just not in the mood for it or if I’d rather catch up on a show.

1 Like

@ridethecliche Unfortunately, the mini-workout player doesn’t exist so the other sources of video entertainment aren’t a realistic possibility on iOS/iPad. (without having a tiny video window which doesn’t work well for aging eyesight!)

Is your trainer set up in front of a TV? Can always just watch there with suf running on your ipad/phone.

For the inspiration videos, you really don’t even really need to see the miniplayer on erg mode since the intensity is pretty low for the majority of the videos afaik.

In any event good luck.

That’s exactly what I did recently.
I enjoyed “Chasing Legends” and found “Thursday Fields” ok for example,
but couldn’t stand “Tommeke, I’m Just a Big Fan”, which was, after 7 minutes, such a snooze fest (and I enjoyed seeing Boonen race back in the day) I stopped, put on some cartoons, and redid the whole 52 minutes without the video.
The size of the mini player is still a bit on the large size even when removing some of the stats, preventing me from reading subtitles (my trainer and fan are on the loud side), but I’ll take it.
Hopefully we get an Android version soon and I can use the full TV and a tablet for the workout.

You could run the mini player on your phone and watch something on an android tablet. Doesn’t all have to be on the same device! I stream Netflix on my TV using a ps4! The fire tabs are very inexpensive and work just fine.

I’ve tried playing video games while doing long endurance rides on the trainer but I’m not coordinated enough haha.

I think they’re working on the android app so hold tight!

Hey, first post… Any chance of adding those classic old films … " A Sunday in Hell" and "Stars and Water Carriers " … brilliant films and wonderfully slow paced for a recovery ride videos.

Oh loving the app BTW, (had a couple of downloaded vids from back in the day The Hunted was my fav) but picked up a cheap smart turbo recently and have been really enjoy getting backing into Suffering

4 Likes

Thanks @Ro5ey! We are hard at work, to find even more classic films. Stay tuned!

It’s great that you are ‘enjoying’ the app! Welcome back! …after all, you can never leave.

1 Like

+1 to both of those although I have no idea what the licensing issues might be.

Somewhat off topic, but for people in the UK, BBC iPlayer still has “Time Trial” available (David Millar’s last season). It’s well worth a look.

2 Likes

I would like to join those who have requested captions (or subtitles) for these videos.

Pain caves can get rather loud (some people even have gasp wheel-on trainers) and mobile devices and TVs don’t necessarily have the best acoustic properties. Some of the people in the videos speak with accents, and not everyone is a native english speaker.

Of the 3 I’ve had in my plan so far, I really liked 2… it’s a shame I was only really able to completely follow the one I didn’t much care for (it was, however, subtitled :slight_smile: ).

Sadly, in their current form, these videos are frustrating for me… so while we’re waiting for the captions, it would be nice if those which are captioned were marked as such… so we can easily skip the ones which aren’t, if we wish.

I have another one of these coming up in my plan tomorrow. A Dog’s Life 1. Judging by the description, 24 minutes of riding below 50% FTP.

The “ratings” for the workout seem a bit off though…3/5 for AC? I really doubt 24 minutes under 50% FTP will give me the same AC benefit as riding Blender, the Chores or the Nine Hammers at 100% :slight_smile:

Where are you seeing the 3/5 AC rating for “A Dog’s Life 1”? Can you share a screenshot?

When I look at it from the Workouts list, everything is showing up as 1/5.

In addition, some of us have fans going that make quite a bit of noise.

1 Like

This is what I get (Windows 10, app version 6.19.0)

That’s when I open it from the calendar…I tried opening it from the workout library now, and get the same as you - 1/5 on all 4DP sections

I can confirm that opening it from the calendar (for me it’s from the ToS prep plan) shows AC as 3/5. That’s definitely a mistake, as it truly is a recovery video.

Interesting. The heart rate zones are also wildly off for some of these vids!! <50% FTP and I’m supposed to be in Z4 heart rate!! I’m on my free trial and In general love the Sufferfest, I do however see lots of errors like this, which I just don’t get, surely multiple people have seen these updates before release and they all miss these errors?

Hey @Craig_Alex_Avery,
I’m so sorry you’re seeing this error. I assure you that multiple people have checked the info before release and I’m looking at it right now and everything is accurate, so there is an error happening somewhere. Can you tell us what version of the app you’re using and what system you’re on? Mac, Windows, iOS, etc.? We’d appreciate your help in getting this error sorted out!