🚀🚀🚀 New Rides: Two New Additions to ProRides! 🚀🚀🚀

It’s nearly the weekend and what better way to fill it than two new ProRides? Available NOW in the app, these two are absolute belters that you need to ride to believe. Nothing brings you closer to the thrills, stress, excitement and pride of being in a professional bike race.

UAE TOUR 2: 33 minutes // TSS 34 // IF .78
On-Board with: Andre Vendrame, AG2R-Citroen
It’s Stage 6 of the UAE Tour and the peloton is entering the final 20km of the race. You’re a 68kg climber who has been asked by the team, AG2R Citroen, to try to get a result in the sprint finish. You don’t have a leadout and you’re up against some of the fastest sprinters in the world…so, hey, have a crack!

RIDE LONDON 1: 1hr 14 minutes // TSS 69 // IF .75
On-Board with: Jasper de Buyst, Lotto Soudal
You’re just about to crest the final hill of the Ride London Classic and start the twisty, 53km run-in to the epic finish in front of Buckingham Palace. Your team leader, Caleb Ewan, has been dropped so the team is now looking to you to secure victory. It’s going to be tough, and you’re going to have to fight to stay up front, but this is the opportunity you’ve been waiting for.

24 Likes

Well Sir @David.McQuillen.KoS let me be the first to express my profound gratitude :slight_smile:

10 Likes

+1 :speak_no_evil::joy:

2 Likes

Great news. Looking forward to giving these a try - not that I’ve managed to work through all of the “old” ones yet.

Thank you!

1 Like

Interesting ride profile in the pic for the UAE Tour one. So you start at the end and finish at the start? Now that must be an industry first.

2 Likes

Haaaa I just saw it. “All downhill from here”?

2 Likes

As they say in most of the workouts 33 minutes is less than 34 minutes :rofl::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

AMMAAAAZZZZINNGG!!! Who’s gonna be the first to do these back to back? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Rode the UAE tour yesterday. Quality effort. Found some of the changes a little quick though, so trainer struggled to keep up in ERG mode. Kicked it up to 110% for the final 10km and that seemed to help as the changes be more severe, so it pushed me a bit harder. Absolutely loved it.

2 Likes

Love both these additions. Pro Rides are simply awesome!

Did them both early this morning - Ride London 1 followed by UAE Tour 2 - loved them.

Brilliant to have a shorter pro ride option for days I only get 30 mins on the bike after strength training.

Was planning to UAE Tour 1 this morning to get my pro rides badge, so no badge for me until Tuesday. Unless more are released before then… :slight_smile:

Excellent work Sir David. I really appreciated the detail and nuances in Ride London that made thecride so immersive that my cadence was significantly higher than normal as I worked hard to support the team. On new improved numbers it was brilliant. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I did the Ride London session yesterday, and found it to be loads of fun!
With my 4DP profile, the IF ended up being 0.79, but with my Attacker profile, I found the session to be a bit on the easy side.

Then again, I may need to do a Half Monty test soon, as I think that my FTP & MAP might have increased following a recent surgery that seems to have eliminated a health issue discovered in May, and had likely seriously been limiting my MAP. :innocent:

Keep up the great work!

1 Like

Hey all, just did ride London, really good addition and found it nicely challenging for days when I don’t want to fully suffer. I found it especially Intresting as i live in the Surrey area and seeing the race go through areas I know well is pretty cool.
Keep the the pro rides and on location coming they are all great !

2 Likes

Finally got round to doing “Ride London 1”. As mentioned above, it’s probably the easiest ProRide but it’s certainly not trivial especially towards the end which pushed me into Z5. Super immersive and really good fun. Through the pedals it felt a bit like being on a group ride which is starting to get frisky!

Thanks to whoever was responsible for taking what must have been a pretty chaotic input power file and turning it into something that makes sense. Commentary, visuals etc all up to the usual high standard too.

Great work! Looking forward to the next one.

8 Likes

I did UAE Tour 2 last night. I am a big fan of the ProRides content but I don’t think this one works as well.

It does give you an interesting insight into how much resting in the pack is done but the whole session is pretty nohting then 5 minutes of madness.

IMHO the power jumps are impossible to do in Level mode as they change so much (understandible as it is real life power) so you really need ERG mode.

I use the Wahoo Kickr bike, that (and I :slight_smile: ) really struggled with the big jumps. I got a lot of ERG circle of death where the cadence dropped, the resistance went up and then the pedals became impossible to turn.

For context I have previously done

• Tour of Norway 1 and 2
  • Hammer Chase
  • Ride London 1
  • Strade Bianche 1

Interesting how different we all are - Having ridden it twice I found UAE 2 super fun both times. No problems in ERG on my Kicker Core using Bluetooth.

Only issue I had was nearly tipping the trainer over firsr time through the chicane becuase I was so immeresed in the action!

Agree it’s not super tough untilt eh end, but for me at least the whole session was super fun! :slight_smile:

I haven’t done this pro ride, but the way I’ve avoided the erg death loop is to increase cadence to 70 or 80 RPM a second or two before the low cadence/low power sections end. Have you tried that? Does that approach fail on this ride?