🎺🎺🎺 NEW SUFFERFEST: NO PLACE LIKE HOME! 🎺🎺🎺

#noplacelikehome :star::star::star::star::star:

#sublimestoryline :star::star::star::star::star:

#vividvisuals :star::star::star::star::star:

#toptunes :star::star::star::star::star:

Ps - “Death Laser” :notes::notes: :star::star::star::star::star:

14 Likes

My glorious homeland!

Perfect day for this - first day back after recovering from a cold and might have stayed on the couch if not for this wonderful workout. Thank you!!!

9 Likes

Thanks for the new video looks great :sunglasses:
Maybe should have done this after the go slow baseline building block in November! Now coming to end of the threshold block. Normally use the recharger, so will definitely move to this from now on. Can’t wait!

3 Likes

On Monday I still thought: is there still a new video coming? Finally! Good set, good music and funny idea. An alternative to Recharger. Maybe too much story, maybe … Thanks!

3 Likes

GVA Lives!! The formula sustained, workout check, uncomfortableness adequate, feels like home! Well done! Now if only there was Frogs Legs Guy chasing down the beach…

6 Likes

What a fantastic reintroduction to Sufferlandria! Excellent production values, humour, a bit of pain , first class music choices along the way, especially at 2-30m from the end: triumph, agony and ecstsay :slight_smile:

More like this please and i’ll never leave… :wink:

6 Likes

Brilliant! We loved it!!!

5 Likes

Super super workout - so many pop up messages that I had to ride it twice this morning and still think I missed a bunch. Great music, great storyline, classic Sufferfest.

Happy as a pig in…

4 Likes

Great workout.

Based on my first experience, it is quite different from Recharger. Recharger is a good workout to check if you are ready for harder workouts, No Place Like Home is the kick starter for harder workouts.

Is this the first video that has cadence targets that do not end in 0 or 5?

Incidentally, which cadence sensors can detect, and who among us is good enough to fine-tune cadences such as 90 to 91 to 92 to 93, or 100 to 101 to 102 to 103? Some optimization algorithm may give such targets, but those differences seem to be within the error range for a sensor.

2 Likes

Funny you ask cuz I just did a little level mode workout and found that 83–84 cadence brought me the target power I was after but 85-86 put me over. :man_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

This was great. I’d definitely been fairly Couchlandrian for a couple of weeks. This got me going again. Nice work!

3 Likes

Just finished. Really cool session, great music and video! Well done!

2 Likes

Fun ride this morning - really enjoyed the reference to doing too many On Location rides — I’m among the guilty. It probably wasn’t anyone’s original intention, but I felt so good at the end, I went right into Extra Shot and essentially used this as a very long warm up.

6 Likes

Dear-God-Its-Beautiful-Zoolander-Mugatu

NPLH. Just awesome. So well done. More. Of. This.

#noSLOcells
#CXfemmes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Hi all, I’m a relative SYSTM newbie but the main reason I signed up is, of course, the Sufferfest workouts - which are by far THE most enjoyable workouts of any platform (I’ve tried TR for many years, Zwift, FullGas). Does anyone know how often new workouts are released and if Wahoo have committed to continue investing in Sufferfest??

4 Likes

@joxer They have definitely been adding videos. One just dropped and I believe another is planned per other chatter on the forum (similar to the Omnium I believe). They have also been updating some of the older videos.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forums, @joxer ! I agree, there is nothing like the Sufferfest. And if course, now that you’re here, you can never leave :wink:

I don’t know if there is a strict schedule of new Sufferfest workouts. But they keep coming, and it’s clear that Wahoo is still investing, even if we like to grouse that they sometimes don’t seem to value our Sufferlandrian culture and traditions the way we’d like.

7 Likes

Glad you like them and welcome!
From the horse’s mouth: basically as often as we can possibly produce it considering all we have to do and the resources we have at our disposal to produce content.
I’d love to make some more. There’s a couple in the works as we speak. But it’s a bit of a process … Well, actually it’s not, hence why it takes time…

20 Likes

If there’s anything GvA likes almost as much as suffering it’s chaos… so that magic just wouldn’t be there if there was an orderly “process” to it! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

@Francois-Wahoo and the Wahoo team Brilliant… well done… this is a great session- well done and thank you. a nice workout… gets you working harder than you think and brilliant tongue in cheek Sufferfest humour. Loving passport control- is it my imagination but are they also wearing a Sufferlandria tie?

o

8 Likes