New Sufferfest Session: "TAPERS" OUT NOW!

Dear Sufferlandrians,

Please be aware that a new Sufferfest called Tapers is waiting for you in the SYSTM app.
Tapers is the final mid-week session to get you finely tuned for your A-race.
It’s got just enough intensity to grease the engine without taking too much of a toll.

We’d be happy to hear what you think once you’ve given it a try (even if there is no try).

21 Likes

I made myself a mini FF-prep as an excuse to do it and it was SO awesome, I recommend to do it even though you’re not doing a prep for anything!

Such great work @Francois-Wahoo, can’t wait for the next workout!

7 Likes

Just completed it. Still has all the good Suf - humour, efforts (5… or was it 6?), coaching, motivation, fluffy and laser goats. Great work!

8 Likes

I’ll give it a whizz tomorrow.

I used to be a whizzkid.

Now I’m just excited to be able to take a whizz.

5 Likes

Wait, there are laser goats?

I’m in.

3 Likes

oh crap… I think I got my English a little mixed up here. Maybe not whizzz then! :smiley:

2 Likes

You used it correctly. Whizz has multiple meanings…most of which are slang. And that’s what makes it it fun.

It’s a huge improvement! Well done.

The videos are good - I liked the “drop him” challenges during the 30/30s and the coordinated finish line sprints in the 20/40s. Much more distracting/entertaining than previous no Vids.

The focus on 1:2 breathing and relaxed face also a good addition to the workout. It’s a perfect session to practice this.

And it seems to be basically the same training/taper stimulus as before - but a little shorter overall, which is a good thing.

A great new addition! I would put it up there with Recharger as one of the more fun ones.

7 Likes

Did this yesterday.

• Shorter than the no-vid
  • The timing of the music, coaching, cameos with the efforts and recoveries
  • Mix of classic and new SUF humor

Dislikes

• I got nothing
11 Likes

I’d agree with the others - really upbeat and engaging video, much better than the previous no-vid. The warmup speed & music tempo is perfect. I found some of the tip delivery a little cheesy (mainly the start of the breathing bit) but not too bad.

Couple of typos/errors:
There’s a reference to 4x 30/30 (when it’s actually 5x - unless this is a sneaky homage to extra intervals in revolver).
There’s a spot where the text overlaps the ‘breathe 1:2’ icon and is illegible. Somewhere in the middle.
And lastly there was a … dang, can’t remember exactly what or when. Nearer the end, something to do with getting “from suffering” instead of “suffering from”. I’ll have to do it again to spot it…

1 Like

I just tried tapers, but cadence was difficult to keep, asked for 80 I was hardly pedalling and the app was at over 100 , downloaded the Video and using wahoo kickr v5 tried a few times any ideas thanks

I really like the icon you created for this workout! Have put the Tapers on my schedule for next week. Not because of an A-race but a very longish long group ride planned for the weekend.

3 Likes

Really looking forward to riding it soon, excellent addition!

1 Like

I found the 1:2 breathing pretty difficult. The suffer face not so much of a problem :joy:

3 Likes

It really is a good session

1 Like

This is my favorite video(not workout) so far. It is very different from the old school sufferfest videos. I like music choices and how scenes and storylines are integrated. It is simple, clean and beautiful in terms of media production that I truly love. I really hope more serious workouts(main course in a plan) with the same style will be released in the near future. Great work!

5 Likes

Although there’s fairly wordy (and breathy) SUFScience, or whatever we call it now, content in this one it’s presented in a way that, imho, respects The Sufferfest tradition. The video and audio are well crafted and, having done it a few times now, keep me motivated throughout. I’m not normally one for extended mellow but found myself surprisingly powered up by the recovery section between rounds 2 and 3 of the taper shakes. 7 minute cooldown? Well it’s not really a cooldown, more a part of the workout, so I can live with it (as long as it doesn’t become a thing). Loved Fluffy’s appearance (shame she didn’t reappear later and eat those stoopid goats but… ah well :t_rex:). All just my opinion. Please Sir, I want some more.

11 Likes